Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Langsett/Cutgate Trails
  • bennn
    Free Member

Anyone been up recently?

Considering going from Langsett car park up to the cairn and back early Sunday, wondering if it’s going to be a total slop-fest or if it’s firmed up at all?

Thanks,Ben.

daveh
    Free Member

To the cairn is OK, beyond will be slop for a while to come yet IMO. The alternate North America route up/down is very boggy so from a sustainability POV I’d say don’t ride it.

bennn
    Free Member

I was looking at going up from the Langsett side, so you’re saying it’s a no-go?

tmb467
    Free Member

I’d suggest Langsett C/P, up to north america then go straight on and turn left, rather than turn left at North America

Stay on the rocky stuff and you’ll get to the riverbed at the top…then turn round and go back the way you came

bennn
    Free Member

Aye that’s the usual way I go anyway. I’ll give it a shot!

siloseven
    Free Member

cutgate is fine at the moment – or at least it was last weekend and things should have improved if anything this week. I rode over to derwent and both sides were good except the top half mile or so leading up to the cairn from langsett side which was very water-logged. I will probably do it again this weekend unless the gale force winds make it unrideable.

bennn
    Free Member

Good to hear, thanks!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Langsett/Cutgate Trails’ is closed to new replies.