Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Langsett cycles………..use them??????
  • ton

anyone use langsett cycles in sheffield (jazza??).
    do they keep a lot of bikes in stock…..

stonemonkey
    Free Member

not much high end stuff there in terms of bikes but ok for bits and bobs

AndyPaice
    Free Member

A mate uses them and likes the service, they seem to be helpful and knowledgable. I’ve not been in for a while and last time I was in they had a lot of Hope stuff and other nice parts, but not many nice bikes. May have changed since though

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

handfull of nice scott’s last time i went. Manager/owner/old guy in the shop’s helpfull, but the workshop was horrendously overpriced when went to get my BB faced, ended up geting the train to derby, staying at my parents fo the weekend, getting the job done at samways, and getting the train home again for the same price!

alexpalacefan

I have stopped using them after the truly terrible service the last time I tried. Went in with a bike on my shoulder, “could you order me a new mech hanger for this mate?” Said he’d call when it was in stock, 5-10 days.

Went back 2 weeks later, the guy originally claimed it wasn’t him that ordered it, and there was no way to know if it had in fact been ordered. Then he recognised me, “you had the broken bike with you, right?”

Turns out he hadn’t bothered to order it after all. Couldn’t be arsed I guess, but meaning I was 2 weeks without a bike waiting for them.

So that’s it, never again. Do they not know what service is?

On the plus side, Deraileurhanger.com, excellent.

Alex

slightreturn
    Free Member

used the internet system for buying items, which was woeful service. same applied when i visited the store in person. do people want easy money, i ask ?

thepodge
    Free Member

I’ve used them on and off cos I pass the shop daily.

I tend to find them a bit hit and miss plus really expensive.

Pook

I’ve used them a few times and always found them helpful and not too pricey. Far better service than JE James in my experience though

matt_outandabout

Helpful, knowledgeable, seems a good workshop as well from mates feedback. Reasonable level of ‘parts’ stock, but as with many local LBS’s, not a huuuge stock of high end bikes in – but more than happy to assist you. Worth a call before travelling.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Langsett cycles………..use them??????’ is closed to new replies.