Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 75 total)
  • lane hogger vs police – dash cam
  • faz083
    Free Member

Got to be one of the best… this is going viral for sure:

Does contain strong language… not suitable for kids! Make sure to listen though, it’s half the fun

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5dL4DPm-DE&feature=player_embedded

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5dL4DPm-DE[/video]

headfirst
    Free Member

Great commentary! Shame we don’t get to see the exchange with the policeman.

davidjones15
    Free Member

I feel much safer now in the knowledge that truck drivers are spending their time watching, and narrating on the phone, all the sins of others.
    Sweet bit of undertaking too. 😉

Pigface
    Free Member

Lonely places lorry cabs 😆

faz083
    Free Member

to be fair it wasnt really undertaking, it was making progress. think the police would have been more annoyed if he’d stopped.

jon1973
    Free Member

great stuff

TuckerUK
    Free Member

I think that truck driver deserves his own TV show, make a good no-nonsense PM too!

Good to see plod observing the 2 second vehicle separation. 😯 Maybe they’ve had special training which means the universal laws of physics don’t apply when they drive?

TuckerUK
    Free Member

Sports commentator, that’s what the trucker should do, he’d sure liven up the proceedings! 😆

breadcrumb

That’s great!

I must be paranoid because I think every car behind me at night is a copper, that’s when my bestest driving comes out.

faz083
    Free Member

Good to see plod observing the 2 second vehicle separation. Maybe they’ve had special training which means the universal laws of physics don’t apply when they drive?

I completely agree. But they’re all hypocrites quite honestly. Especially traffic.

somouk
    Free Member

Lol, love the commentary!

easygirl

Brilliant

toby1

When did John Precott start driving wagons? 😀

_tom_
    Free Member

😆 great video.

timc
    Free Member

haha great this! bore off moaners above

Junkyard
    Free Member

But they’re all hypocrites quite honestly. Especially traffic.

Why did you not caps lock it as it needed to be shouted? 🙄

pingu66
    Free Member

Awesome

IanMunro
    Free Member

Has anyone looked at his other videos? 😀

davidjones15
    Free Member

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6GXVSQn5TyI&feature=plcp[/video]
    Good job he didn’t move over and let the car filter, probbly too busy playing on his phone or looking for plod chasing someone.
    [video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P9MuZwJd6JI&feature=context-cha[/video]
    I bet he drives a BMW when not eating Yorkies. 🙄
    Happy to call others idiots, but his driving isn’t too sharp, is it?

petrieboy

^^spectaculary poor driving^^ any clues who he drives for? Only a matter of time before he hits someone that upsets him. Very worst kind of driver.

jon1973
    Free Member

the guy is a complete moron.

MSP

Yep, angry man with a 40 ton truck to use as a weapon, god help us all.

mikertroid
    Free Member

Well the truckie has a point: since when does traffinc on a motorway give way to those joining via the acceleration lane?

It seems to be commonplace that people expect traffic to give way rather than accelerate to motorway speed and apply judgement in order to join.

And another rant: what’s the deal with fog lights? If it aint foggy, WHY??!!

jon1973
    Free Member

Well the truckie has a point: since when does traffinc on a motorway give way to those joining via the acceleration lane?

It seems to be commonplace that people expect traffic to give way rather than accelerate to motorway speed and apply judgement in order to join.

I agree, sort of. It’s annoying when people don’t use the slip to get up to speed. But why is it such a big deal to pull out when you approach a slip road to allow drivers on to the road?

He (the truck driver) could see what was going to happen 200 yards back and could have easily pulled out, but thought he’d make a point by riding up close behind the car driver (in very wet conditions) trying to intimidate them.

If all drivers were a bit more courteous and gave other people the benefit of the doubt, then the roads would be a much nicer place to be.

For someone who drives for a living this guy is a really shit, and dangerous driver, acting like that.

PJM1974
    Free Member

He (the truck driver) could see what was going to happen 200 yards back and could have easily pulled out

We can’t see what’s going on in the lane alongside, he may not have been able to pull out. The driver of the Audi was being a monumental hazard IMHO – but he went completely OTT by trying to intimidate them. Had he gone off to the cops with the video footage and not driven like an idiot himself, chances are they’d have paid the Audi driver a visit.

mikertroid
    Free Member

Jon,

If the lane 2 is clear, then fine. But it’s almost endemic that regardless of road conditions people assume the driver in lane 1 will give way to joining traffic. See it every day now.

jon1973
    Free Member

I’m not excusing the poor driving from the Audi driver, but part of the skill of driving is anticipating other peoples stupidity. As a professional driver he should know better.

davidjones15
    Free Member

If the lane 2 is clear, then fine

Judging by the way he was able to pull into the middle lane while hammering the horn would indicate to me that it was.

andyl
    Free Member

That last video was the most dangerous driving of the lot – by the truck driver. He just stopped and blocked the exit from the main road and partially blocked the inside lane by the looks of it.

cbike
    Free Member

Pulling out to let someone on is an uneccessary lane change.

Its usually a 2 litre powerful car that toddles on slowly and indecisively causing trucks and vans to brake and drop down a gear or seven. That is inconsiderate driving.

We hate changing lanes because of massive blind spots. But if its a truck or van and view behind is good I will make space forwards/backwards and let them merge.

jon1973
    Free Member

edit.. I was talking about the ‘and another idiot pt 1’ clip…

not the one pulling out from the AA van, sorry. just seen that one. Agreed that was ridiculous.

petrieboy

As has been said above, he saw the merging car miles back and could see what was happening. He should have slowed to make way but decided to dish out some justice instead. Sooner or later he will cause a serious accident and I hope his camera is seized when it happens.

rbrstr
    Free Member

The car driver was at fault in both instances. the highway code clearly states you must not pull out in front of an approaching vehicle if to do so would cause said vehicle to change speed or direction

andyl
    Free Member

that may be so but two wrongs do not make a right.

Everyone has a responsibility to drive safely and avoid accidents. Just because someone else does something wrong it does not give you the right to do something equally or more dangerous.

jon1973
    Free Member

The car driver was at fault in both instances.

I’m not sure anyone was disputing that.

petrieboy

.andyl – Member
    that may be so but two wrongs do not make a right.
    Everyone has a responsibility to drive safely and avoid accidents. Just because someone else does something wrong it does not give you the right to do something equally or more dangerous.

^^this^^ children are not supposed to run into the road but drivers are expected to be aware that it may happen and not run them over when they do. Same applies here.

willej

He’s quite the potty mouth!

Spud

Very analogous to many of the videos you see from cyclists with a helmet cam on, no?

However, his actions for a professional driver aren’t great…

McHamish
    Free Member

Driving a lorry doesn’t make you a good driver. And from the other videos I think I ca safely say the roads would be a safer place if that lorry driver made a living some other way. Preferably not involving what he brandishes as a 44 ton weapon to prove his misguided point every time another road user ‘wrongs’ him.

I remember joining the slow lane in front of a lorry to take the next exit, a big enough gap between the car in front and the lorry behind. The lorry took a dislike to my manoeuvre and decided to speed up to within a metre from my car, flashing his lights and beeping his horn, all at speed on a busy motor way.

I can honesty say I did nothing wrong, however the lorry driver didn’t like it.

I can only assume that he was tired from a long journey and was in a bad mood.

samuri
    Free Member

Jesus. I hope I never come near you lot on the motorway.

In that last video the car pulls out right in front of him, he’s got nowhere to go and he’s being criticised for it? Car driver – 100% to blame.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 75 total)

The topic ‘lane hogger vs police – dash cam’ is closed to new replies.