Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Landscaping Software ? and Trees.
  • redthunder
    Free Member

In an insane moment I’ve taken on-board the task of preparing a landscape proposal end of a playing field adjacent to some housing. Circa 200m in length.

Currently we have a large sycamore and aspen overshadowing a neighbour.

We don’t want to cut down the sycamore and aspen as they are nice healthy looking trees.

However, I was thinking cut back the sycamore (with suitable contractor).

Then planting smaller trees, like Rowen (mountain ash), hawthorn, apple trees even walnut (small versions).

Maybe even add a pond….(but that be a hassle due to people falling in)

Anyway, back to point … do any of you guys recommend any software or shall I just use a piece of gridded paper.

dogmatix

paper?

kayak23

Google Sketchup will do most of that. They have tons of models in the library you can import and it’s free.

Loads of YouTube tutorials online.

jbproductions
    Free Member

Yes to Sketch up. My missus is a garden designer and uses Sketch up Pro. Dunno what the difference between the two versions is though so DYOR .

thepurist

Ex garden designer here, always used SketchUp for mucking about with schemes and doing some visuals for clients, then Vectorworks (£££) for all the proper construction drawings. For SketchUp you can get some add ins like LightUp that will do better looking renders than the basic shadow models it includes.

reformedfatty
    Free Member

Amateur here, used Sketchup for my garden. Quite a painful experience to learn but covers much more detail than the more simplistic tools out there.

redthunder
    Free Member

Thanks. Looking like sketch up.

Going use indigenous tress form the local. Might chuck in some apple trees and dwarf walnut.

If they get too big that will a SEP 😉 in the future.

Thanks again.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Landscaping Software ? and Trees.’ is closed to new replies.