Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Lands End – John O’Groats Offroad
  • epicyclo

Anyone got a route?

Want to do it this year when I get back from Oz

13thfloormonk

I’m putting together a pretty tasty looking route from ft william to cape wrath, then back down to Ben Loyal. There are lots of variations on the same theme, and mine deliberately takes in some road sections (the ‘wee mad road of sutherland’) but i reckon i’ve got a good one. will post it up here once i eventually commit it to memory map or something.

the west highland way would take you from glasgow to fort william, so that just leave the other 3/4 of britain to figure out! ; )

epicyclo

I don’t mind some winding narrow hilly roads – especially if they have a good view.

singletracksurfer

How long are you in Oz?

When the Pennine bridleway finally gets sorted out, that’ll do a great big chunk too. They don’t reckon it’ll be ready until 2011 though (and that keeps going up).

andy@innerhaven
    Free Member

Apologies for hijack!

13thfloormonk, can I pick your brains for that route you’ve got in mind. We did a ‘we c-t-c’ for charity a few years back from Doll near Brora over to Kylesku, and we’re looking to try another one to raise funds for the MS Society later on this year.

Oh, and if you’re in the Sutherland area, stop in at the Crask Inn – unforgettable hospitality!

13thfloormonk

Andy, its not really a coast to coast as much as a ‘coast’. : )

I won’t hijack with a massive waffley description of a route, will post it up soon.

epicyclo

Feel free to hi-jack! Any route is interesting and who knows where the dots will join up?

There’s nothing to say I’ll take a direct route 🙂

I’ll be back in April, so hope to do it early summer.

andy@innerhaven
    Free Member

Nice one 13thfloor, if it’s anything like your other epics, it’ll be a topper!

Epicyclo – a few years back we rode a nice coast to coast over four or five days from Broadford on Skye, over to the coast near Montrose. And because the bus from Glasgow let us stick our bikes in the hold, and there’s a train back from the other end – the logistics were pretty manageable. Not a lands end/john o groats fest, but plenty of tasty and varied riding nonetheless. 😀 I can dig about for some route info if you like.

whytebyker
    Free Member

Epicyclo – I rode LEJOG Offroad in 2006 and so if you are looking for info on the route used, etc. get in touch

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Lands End – John O’Groats Offroad’ is closed to new replies.