Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Landrover buffs , seat belt law help
  • mattsccm
    Free Member

Can someone point me to legislation please? I can’t see any. I am damn sure that the side facing seats in my 110 don’t need seatbelts. The law only states forward facing. Whilst I can’t find the legislation, its fairly obvious that is the case but my (potentially Ex-insurers) are convinced that this vehicle should have fitted seat belts due to its age. Forward facing yes but sideways were never compulsory. They just banned sideways seats instead.
    All bog standard factory fitted stuff in a D suffixed 110 CSW.
    The only reason I am pushing rather than just moving to a new insurer is that its got a non standard engine and the current lot are good in this respect.
    The useless so and so’s think its only a 5 seater FFS!
    I guess its not such much seatbelt law as construction law I need.

ninfan
    Free Member

sparkyspice
    Free Member

I think Land Rover introduced side facing belts in the mid nineties. I’m basing this on the fact that we had a 200Tdi that didn’t have them, then a 300Tdi and a TD5 that did have them. They were only lap belts though.

We had two 110s for work and eventually got scared of the whole side facing seat belts / passenger safety issue and swapped them for a Discovery and a minibus. We need to tow a big trailer with a hot air balloon on it and shift 16 passengers and 4 staff, just in case you were wondering!

trail_rat
    Free Member

unfortunantly for you if the insurance company requests seatbelts thats their risk management.

equally many insurance companys are refusing to recognise 7 seat land rovers and limiting them to 5.

Also side facing seats should only EVER have lap belts !

HAve you tried a company like heritage who insure classic and modified 4x4s and have zero issues with other engines…. (i have a 200 tdi dropped in my D reg 90 with them no issues – and mines got non standard suspension – trailing arms , steering arms , springs , shocks and suspension mounting….. its around 200 quid a year.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Landrover buffs , seat belt law help’ is closed to new replies.