Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Landlords, F**********
  • mrmo
    Free Member

Just had a nice surveyor come round to tell us our landlord is in breach of mortgage covenant on a lot of properties and that they were taking on the portfolio. Having spoken to someone in the business on a different occasion, he has 30-40 maybe more properties.

So looks like i might have to move again. Only been here two months after the last landlord had to sell as they couldn’t get a remortgage.

what a f***ing wonderful end to a s**t year.

singletrackmind

Not all Landlords are F******s.
    Yours has run into financial difficulty and , unfortunatly that has repercussions on your housing situation.
    You might not have to move, The agents taking on the portfolio might want to keep the estate let. You might be able to renegotiate a better lease . There may be an opportunity to buy the property you are renting at a small discount .There might be the chance of property upgrades.
    I bet the F***********g landlord is not happy either.

mrmo
    Free Member

I know, just not had a good year, had to move twice already and then this happens, lost my job at the beginning of the year. The other half is currently off work with a f***** tendon.

Chances of getting better terms, close to zero looking at the local market. As for buying the house, it would be nice to have a job that paid enough to make that a realistic option.

dave_rudabar
    Free Member

Bums, my previous landlord sold the house from under us – 2months after saying he had no intention of doing so when I fitted a shower.
    Happened to me previously too, the first we heard of it (and the letting agents) was when the sign went up in the front garden!
    I hate moving, such a chore but a good excuse for a clearout.

bigyinn
    Free Member

+1 for hating moving. Just spent the last 2.5 weeks moving bits at a time.
    Still have been to the tip with 6 (yes 6 carloads) in the last 10 days and had a f*cking big bonfire. I feel cleansed now!

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

he has 30-40 maybe more properties.

Yours has run into financial difficulty

I’m not F*****g surprised! 😯

People shouldn’t be allowed to run properties that they can’t afford to maintain/keep up payments for etc. Because the repercussions on tenants, who’ve done nothing wrong whatsoever,can be disastrous.

If you ask me, anyone who wants to rent out a property should pay into an ’emergency fund’ to ensure that their tenants are not overly inconvenienced should the LL fall into financial difficulties. Too many LLs have overstretched themselves, and live beyond their means. I’ve known several people who’ve had to move suddenly, and suffered significant financial loss, because their LLs have got into financial trouble.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Landlords, F**********’ is closed to new replies.