Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Landlord Retaining Deposit Unlawfully
  • motivforz
    Free Member

My gf’s old estate agent is holding onto her rent (overpayment of 1 month)+deposit unlawfully. The checkout was fine, no deductions, returned cleaner than it was given to her. The landlord is just coming up with excuse after excuse for the past 2.5 months (moved out 6th August), and is now just not returning calls, not communicating and failing to acknowledge they owe her the money. Going to raise a dispute with the Tenancy Deposit Scheme, I hope they haven’t registered 👿 – 3x deposit back for us.

Anyway, the point of this thread is, please can I have your crafty ideas for redistributing the karma? Anything goes, as long as I won’t go to prison. So far thinking dirty protest, etc. Over to you…

tails
    Free Member

windows are expensive.

King-ocelot
    Free Member

You say estate agent is with holding the money? Most estate agents place the money in a deposit bank account it’s worth checking to see were the money actually is.

verticalclimber
    Free Member

apparently fire brigade have to breakdown doors if no one answers

but very irrisponsible if not amusing to see end result

motivforz
    Free Member

Fantastic so far.
    Fire brigade genius, except I wouldn’t want to waste their time when they could be helping somebody out.

They are registered with the TDS, so that’s who the money should be with. Will be exploring that avenue tomorrow.

CaptJon
    Free Member

Is she part of the deposit protection scheme? If so (and she should be given it is a legal requirement now iirc) they have a channel allowing you to make a dispute.

King-ocelot
    Free Member

Make appointments with them and not show up. Or show up wearing a glove and shake the agents hand, at some point during the shake he will realise your gloves got poo/sick/snot on it

tomsk01
    Free Member

Post mix concrete down the drains will be a bugger to get out, or maybe superglue in the door locks? Have my end of tenancy inspection tomorrow morning, would be nice to get the majority of my deposit back for once…..

allthepies
    Free Member

You need the slow burning approach so as not to raise immediate alarm bells. Prawns shoved in curtain poles, air vents, under floor boards etc. A few containers of open milk stashed somewhere suitable also 🙂

Surf-Mat
    Free Member

Unscrew the ballcock from the bog cistern then run away…

CaptJon
    Free Member

Glue all the windows shut.

gusamc
    Free Member

re prawns, long paint roller, fish paste goo, behind the radiators

allthepies
    Free Member

re prawns, long paint roller, fish paste goo, behind the radiators

Genius! 😆

motivforz
    Free Member

Wow, just wow.

I somehow need to get into the building now, any ideas?

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Landlord Retaining Deposit Unlawfully’ is closed to new replies.