Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 61 total)
  • Lance wins Leadville
  • JohnClimber
    Free Member

Lance wins Leadville 100 riding with a flat tyre for about the last 10 miles

Potter
    Free Member

been following it on twitter delighted for him,any idea of the time?
    i know he smashed the record

Smee
    Free Member

You **** spoilt it, thanks for that you thoughtless ****. 😉

miketually
    Free Member

Not bad for a semi-retired old man 🙂

Potter
    Free Member

time of 6:28:50
    sweet

zaskar
    Free Member

Must have been on his mind when he came 2nd last year.

What happened to the guy who won it 5 times in a row previously?

On a flat tyre eh?

Go Lance! 😀

dot
    Free Member

Dave Weins the now ex record holder and winner of last years race came 2nd
    Here he is pushing http://twitpic.com/e0ra7

dot
    Free Member

Lance's time 6:28:50 and Wiens was 6:59:07 Wiens was 6:45 last year

jonb
    Free Member

Is it quicker to ride 10 miles with a flat rather than just fix it? Seems bizarre to me! Maybe he can't fix a puncture as he normally has a car following him carrying a spare wheel or 6 😉

RealMan
    Free Member

Good for him.

Clearly hasnt been introduced to tubeless though..

MrSparkle

Or maybe he had.

eth3er
    Free Member

A half hour margin besting the ex record holder is impressive.

tankslapper
    Free Member

I guess it was inevitable. For those that are following him on Twitter I have to say the man's training regime is amazing. He is rarely off the bike any day – even since the Tour. I'm a big fan

njee20
    Free Member

He was running tubeless, Bonty Race XXX Lite wheels and Bonty tyres, forget which model. Maybe he split the tyre or sommat.

mAx_hEadSet

Lance says on twitter that he cant fix punctures to save his life, if he flats he calls for the car… still it seems he did not ride alone and thanks to Trek had a few selfless friends with him who helped pull him along… er in road racing they have a name for such selfless riding companions…. Wiens rode alone shame he did not have Contador to help him

kimbers

was he on a 29r by any chance?

mtbmatt
    Free Member

If Wiens was as strong as Armstrong then surely he could have stuck with whoever was "helping" Lance and rode as a group. I'm sure Wiens will be the first to admit that Lance was the stronger/faster rider and deserved the win.

hora
    Free Member

He can only get stronger (barring any injuries) but we saw how he dealt with that this year 🙂

I'm a huge fan. Always will be.

ExRoadie
    Free Member

Whether you actually like L.A or road racing, you've got to admire the man's work ethic and sheer determination. Wouldn't count him out from winning the tour next year either. 🙂

hora
    Free Member

😀

Sam

I don't think it was completely flat, a slow leak according to the report I read. Very impressive nonetheless.

Marmoset
    Free Member

Good video here gives a taste of what the race is like:

http://www.superhumanmag.com/content/view/1565/48/

clubber
    Free Member

Slow leak which he reinflated once but still carried on going down. It wasn't totally flat.

Buzzard
    Free Member

Would be interested to know who the Trek helpers were, but according to the reports I read, Lance broke away from the bunch in a muddy section 65miles before the finish. He solo'd the rest of the race – so no help there then. Think we can safely say that he was the strongest there. The challenge now is to see if someone can break 6hrs. Talk of Levi, Horner etc coming next year to help Lance

Chevin
    Free Member

I wish he was on a 29er! He was last year (Gary Fisher Superfly). Trek Top Fuel this year I belive…..(something with small wheels anyway!) 😉

Matthew

iDave
    Free Member

wiens = mountain biker
    lance = cock

sputnik
    Free Member

iDave – Member
    wiens = mountain biker
    lance = cock

Mmm, and it takes one to know one…

alwyn
    Free Member

It's good to see Ferrari is doing his job.

Andy-R

Highest placed singlespeed in 27th overall.

mt
    Free Member

Dave Weins is a really nice chap and a superb bike rider. Being beaten by Lance this year is no shame what so ever. That Leadville 100 course is a killer.

iDave
    Free Member

Mmm, and it takes one to know one…

no it doesn't. i can readily identify cars, elephants and geese without having been any of the above in a current or past life.

mt
    Free Member

LOL! Good one iDave

zangolin
    Free Member

iDave – Member
    wiens = mountain biker
    lance = cock

Dave – I hope you are not in charge of PR for your company?

http://www.ffflow.com/

Great way to publicise your services and to get sponsorship.

Just for the record which Olympic athletes/cyclists have you coached?

mt
    Free Member

I see zangolin does not know iDave has the right to his own view so feels that he must question if his history is authentic. Has he ever read ST before Matt Hart wrote the training articles? Lance lovers so jealous!

cynic-al
    Free Member

I'm not that impressed. Given the amount he trains etc he shouldn't have been beaten by Wiens last time. No way can the latter be training at anything like the same level

Potter
    Free Member

I'm not that impressed. Given the amount he trains etc he shouldn't have been beaten by Wiens last time. No way can the latter be training at anything like the same level

had he not been "retired" 4 years for the last one??

njee20
    Free Member

I wish he was on a 29er! He was last year (Gary Fisher Superfly). Trek Top Fuel this year I belive…..(something with small wheels anyway!)

No he wasn't, last year he was on a 2009 Top Fuel with 26" ZTR Race wheels. This year it was a more or less stock Top Fuel 9.9 with a custom paint job, and 26" Bontrager Race XXX Lite wheels.

Gary_M
    Free Member

wiens = mountain biker
    lance = cock

Maybe which ever Olympian iDave coached couldn't beat Lance so iDave hates him now. iDave your future will not be funked if you carry on like that.

Good on Lance, well done that man.

I bet Weins trains on a road bike too.

zangolin
    Free Member

mt – Member
    I see zangolin does not know iDave has the right to his own view so feels that he must question if his history is authentic. Has he ever read ST before Matt Hart wrote the training articles? Lance lovers so jealous!

Never suggested that an opinion should not be expressed – just questioned the judgement of linking that sort of opinion to your business/organisation. Especially when linked to raising money for cancer charity etc.

Nothing wrong with asking which athletes a coach has trained either.

Gary_M
    Free Member

'lance = cock' – looks more like a statement of fact than an opinion. Mind you anyone that says the 'equals' thing for real is a tosser in my opinion. On a level with saying 'fact'.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 61 total)

The topic ‘Lance wins Leadville’ is closed to new replies.