Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Lance Armstrong racing Saturday in the Leadville 100. Video from last year
  • chucky212
    Free Member

This Saturday Lance Armstrong is racing MTB in a 100 mile race in Leadville, Colorado. Lots of high altitude climbing. Last year he took 2nd. Here is a race recap with a pretty cool video:

2008 Leadville 100 Video

anotherdeadhero
    Free Member

This Saturday I'm going to drink beer and sit in front of the TV. Do you want a video?

aP
    Free Member

Will they pay him an appearance fee?

zaskar
    Free Member

Cheers for linky.

What channel(s) will it be on?

chucky212
    Free Member

That website says they will be tweet photos and updates. So I guess that's something (for those who care)

Perhaps anotherdeadhero will tweet updates and photos from his beer and tv saturday too! Gotta love twitter!

trail_rat
    Free Member

will be interesting – personally i think weins will get beat this year.

weins is fast but lance has stepped it up a notch this year. hes done a couple of road races for a bit of training. Wonder if leipheimers arms better ? was word of a bit of "team work"

roundwheels
    Free Member

i hear contador is going to enter to piss Armstrong off

aviemoron
    Free Member

Armstrong will win, he uses risers.

mamadirt
    Free Member

Leadville . . . shudders. Anyone else been to the town that time forgot? 😉

mt
    Free Member

Leadville is a great town because time has forgotten it, a real town not one of those false places like Breckenridge. Great bike rides as well.

mamadirt
    Free Member

Oh yeah, fascinating little general stores but I swear the portraits in the Delaware hotel watch you all the time . . . and there's no Burger King 😉

mt
    Free Member

That's why I like it, not a single chain store. Brilliant coffee shop and Bills Sport Supplies is an education in small town America. Did you go see boot hill? Ridden a good part of the Leadville 100 course and it's bloody hard. Dave Weins is fantastic rider I'm sure that Armstrong is going back for a bit of revenge, just like he'll be doing in TdF 2010.

mamadirt
    Free Member

No boot hill visit I'm afraid. We were passing through on our way back to Denver to fly home and I have to admit that after a 3 week diet of fast food and Comfort Inns I was a bit freaked out by the surroundings (it all seemed a bit 'local place for local people') but I've since researched a bit of the history of the place and I'm sure there will be a return visit.

chucky212
    Free Member

I just heard that it is raining hard in Leadville and forecast for tomorrow looks gloomy as well.

Go Dave!

mtbmatt
    Free Member

Would be good to see a close race, but I can't see Wiens being able to stick with Armstrong on the climbs. He is a different rider this year, alot fitter and leaner.

tom84
    Free Member

i read somewhere liam killeen is being considered for team sky for next years tour. nothing to do with this though, i'm pretty sure lance will win, he was 'fat' last year and he fell off!

racefaceec90

why doesn't ned "the lung" overend,and mike kloser enter the event.i think they are both still super fit.man john tomac could as well!!!

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Lance Armstrong racing Saturday in the Leadville 100. Video from last year’ is closed to new replies.