Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Lancaster
  • Johnridesbikes
    Free Member

Hello,

I am off to Lancaster University this October and was hoping for some advice from other students as to the best solution for keeping your bike (or bikes) in accommodation on campus. Also, to every mountain biker in the lancaster area, where are the best trails for both XC and downhill?

Any help would be appreciated.

Regards,

John

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

where are the best trails for both XC and downhill?

The Lake District

elliptic
    Free Member

Years ago there used to be a set of dirt jumps down in the woods by the motorway… wonder if they're still there?

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

wonder if they're still there?

yes, but it's a very small area, directly behind the Holiday Inn car park. I also recently found a launch ramp off the river bank straight into deep water (near the bridge to Halton)

elliptic
    Free Member

Near M6 J34 you mean? Didn't know about those, I meant on the university campus itself.

To the OP – you can piece together odd bits of bridleway and coast path etc with country lanes for local rides, nothing special but at least the views are nice from the moors 🙂

And as SFB said the Lakes or the Dales are just up the road, plenty to go at there.

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

Near M6 J34 you mean? Didn't know about those, I meant on the university campus itself.

ah sorry, for me "Lancaster" means just that, not Bailrigg 🙂

stucol
    Free Member

There was me expecting something with 4 merlins.

Ah well.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Lancaster’ is closed to new replies.