Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Lamp units compatible with Lumicycle battery
  • squeekybrakes
    Free Member

I have a Lumicycle battery pack (16v I think) which I used to use with a converted halogen to LED unit that no longer works. Are there any cheapish LED lamp units that are compatible with the Lumicycle voltage/polarity in their batteries?

pdw
    Free Member

Not that I know of. The voltage will be nominally 14.8V (i.e. 4 LiIon cells in series), and you can probably find other lights that work of that, but the connector is centre -ve which is the opposite to what the rest of the world does. It wouldn’t be hard to build an adapter to swap the polarity. It’d also be possible to rewire it, but you’d need to be very careful not to short the battery when doing so.

Most other lights seem to have gone with 7.4V i.e. 2 cells in series, or 4 cells arranged as 2s2p

Junkyard
    Free Member

Lummi cycle do them obvs but not cheap

Possibly get a cheap light and a different driver for it as the LEDS will take the power but the driver wont

I imagine one of those who mayke their own – Smudge at MTB Batteries may be able to do you one but how cheap who knows.

I use a troutie light with mine and still some old cutter kit ones – 800 lumens ish but massively long run times

pdw
    Free Member

Depending on the driver, lights designed for a lower voltage may be OK with a higher voltage, although trying to find out what driver is in a cheap light may be tricky.

Do you know what’s up with your old one? If it was one of the Black Cat drivers I can take a pretty good guess…

Speshpaul

I’ve got a hid and some halogen to led conversions.
    Drop me a line.

squeekybrakes
    Free Member

Yep. It was a blackcat one in the halogen shell.

Splash-man
    Free Member

I had a Cutter Cree unit that I converted my Lumi with.
    Worked well until I lost it somewhere the other year.
    Still got the battery and charger for some reason.

I’ve got a 9 LED lamp head (Cree XML2) that works up to 18V. Brand new never used for £50

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Lamp units compatible with Lumicycle battery’ is closed to new replies.