Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Lamp keeps popping bulbs (Sorry very dull)
  • We have a table lamp which has popped four 60 watt bulbs in the last week.

Tried it with a 100 watt bulb for a few days, and that was fine, but that’s too bright according to the one who knows about these tye of things.

Connections are all ok and it has the right fuse in it. Any ideas?

sofatester
    Free Member

Move house, i hear its a good time to “trade up”. Or failing that , buy some Energy savers.

Surfr
    Free Member

Use low-energy bulbs. They are a lot more resilient to power fluctuations. I’ve made this change with the 4 uplighters in the living room and everything has been fine since.

So can you get low energy bulbs in “Terracotta”?

Snigletrack
    Free Member

Mild dyslexia meant I read this thread’s title as ‘Lamb Keeps Popping Bulbs”.

Imagine my disappointment.

Snigle
    :o(

What were you hoping for?

Snigletrack
    Free Member

Some militant lamb gamboling round popping lightbulbs – or perhaps daffodil bulbs – willy nilly.

Either that or a pervert in a sheepskin coat and Larry the Lamb rubber mask performing the “1 lamb, 1 bulb” routine with horrific consequences…

Snigle
    :o)

joe1983
    Free Member

weird – I read it as lamb too. Does that mean I’m dyslexic? Damn, could have used them extra minutes in exams..

smiffy

Terracotta?

mountainchub
    Free Member

The terracota is a soft tone version of the bulb. I think you can get soft-tone energy saving bulbs, but I think they are candle shaped? Otherwise use a 40w equivalent energy saving bulb (9w?), instead of the 60w equivalent (11w?)

Doesn’t the one who knows about these things know what to do?

cbike
    Free Member

Are you hosting an Air Stewardesses conference by any chance?

An apocryphal tale from The Balmoral Hotel, in edinburgh reported that Bedside lamp consumption increased when stewardesses were in, as they hung their underwear up to dry on the shades.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Lamp keeps popping bulbs (Sorry very dull)’ is closed to new replies.