Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Lame Bike Park Wales questions
  • timmys

I’m heading to BPW tomorrow for the first time.

The plan is that after dropping me off my wife is going to head off in the car with the sprog to keep him entertained elsewhere for the day. I therefore won’t have the benefit of the car boot for storage / faff-station purposes.

I’ve got some stupid questions. I presume there’s some racks I can lock my bike to over lunch? Are there any lockers or anything I could leave some gear in during the day? I’d rather not have to carry everything I might need for the day in my Camelbak – one of the nice things about an uplift day is not having to bother with one usually.

cloudnine
    Free Member

You are going to ride a mtb without a camelbak….
    Have you gone insane?

timmys

You are going to ride a mtb without a camelbak….
    Have you gone insane?

Totally off my rocker.

The bigger mtb cliché at question here is basically; “How can I possibly survive on my bike when my Audi is not in the car park?”

pondo

That’s so far off the scale, I don’t even understand the question.

wysiwyg
    Free Member

Stash it at the top?

chvck
    Free Member

I presume there’s some racks I can lock my bike to over lunch?

Never bothered, just left it outside the cafe.

Are there any lockers or anything I could leave some gear in during the day?

That one I don’t know but I’ve never seen any.

Northwind

Because I’m a maverick, I started using a camelbak for uplift days. I didn’t die, and it turns out that having things can be useful. (there is a correlation between how scornful people are about wearing a camelbak on an uplift, and how happy they are when you turn up with tools after they discover a loose bolt at the top)

At antur stiniog I was still listening to The Man and decided not to use a camelbak, but I was parked miles away so I just left some stuff- water, etc- at the uplift pickup. That was fine too but it’s always possible a welsh person pissed in my pepsi max.

timmys

OK, camelbak wearing I can live with, it’s more the bike I’m worried about. I’m OK just leaving it unlocked outside the cafe then over lunch?

Simon

There are bike hangers outside the cafe, leave a lock there while you’re riding.
    We just left our bikes leaning against the fence at lunchtime.

Simon

And definitely ride with a Camelbak, pushing back to the bottom of the hill because of a puncture or minor mechanical will be annoying.

timmys

There are bike hangers outside the cafe, leave a lock there while you’re riding.

That was my plan, just couldn’t see any obvious racks in the pictures of the building.

Finally can someone sort the weather? Can’t believe it going from ‘hottest day of the year so far’ today to ‘heavy rain’ tomorrow 🙁

warns74
    Free Member

Dont worry about the bike, the cafe has huge glass doors that look outside onto the bike racks.

Realistically what do you need to stash? The forecast is rubbish so you’ll be wet all day anyway (but you wont care!) and the cafe is warm while you wait to be picked up!

Windows on the right are bike shop, windows on the left are cafe. To left of the building is a wooden frame, thats the bike rack

cookeaa

We just left our bikes leaning against the fence at lunchtime.

+1 I’ve been there a couple of times and not bothered to lock it up, leave it where it will be in clear view from the Cafe/shop, the windows are nice and big, you could lock it to the wooden rail outside or to a bench I suppose…

This is what it looks like outside:

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Lame Bike Park Wales questions’ is closed to new replies.