Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Lambs liver yum yum yum
  • unfitgeezer
    Free Member

Lambs liver cooked for 3.5 mins per side lashings of tziki , salad all pushed into a warmed pitta bread!

Such an underrated meat

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

I concur.

garage-dweller

+1

With some beans and a nice Chianti.

Sorry that’s YOUR liver, not lambs liver.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Apt username garage-dweller.

slowoldman

Yes yum indeed, though I like mashed spuds with mine. Even better, calves liver.

Ambrose

Lamb’s liver for lunch today, care of The Angel Inn, Pontneddfechan. Yummy 🙂

cp

Salivating

BigJohn

Usually better than calves liver in my book. I do it on a bed of fried onions and mushrooms. I deglaze the pan with Dubonnet then splosh in some Roses lime cordial.
    Don’t knock it till you try it.

Rubber_Buccaneer

I’m really not a fan of offal

garage-dweller

But it’s offal-y nice really. You need to liver little.

😛

jools182
    Free Member

Nope. Awful stuff.

Ambrose

My breakfast of choice at Pete’s Eats after a Snowdon ride is liver and bacon, peas and mash. With onion gravy of course.

thejesmonddingo

A couple of local Indian restaurants do liver and kidney soaked in tandoori marinade,skewered and cooked in the tandoor,drop dead gorgeous !

13thfloormonk

Eeew.

Tried some on Skye at the Flodigarry Hotel (wanted pub food, got gourmet, not much choice in those parts!). Texture was awful and flavour waaaay to strong, like normal liver but concentrated. Obviously an acquired taste…

theboyneeds
    Free Member

I’ll be cooking up a lamb liver and heart paprikash at my mate’s autumn camp out tomorrow. He’s having one of his own lamb slaughtered today so it’ll be fresh, local and tasty as it gets!

Yummy!

jonba
    Free Member

Ate some in Mongolia, straight out the lamb into the pan and then served with a big, slightly dirty knife. Was nicer than the fermented mares milk.

I actually like liver and bacon, also kidneys, they are really cheap too if you go to a butcher.

johnx2
    Free Member

…and they practically give the stuff away. Better than steak when it’s what i really want to eat.

Best ever is in the old town bit of Thesaloniki, or cold as a meze in the Olympiad, Kadikoy, Istanbul, with loads of fine chopped red onion, and beer. Mmmmmmm Hungry now.

honeybadgerx

Liver, bacon, fried onions and chopped tomatoes, all baked in the oven. Served over mash with spring greens on the side. Hungry now#

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Lambs liver yum yum yum’ is closed to new replies.