Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Lambrusco
  • sandwicheater

Judge away.

Had some really nice red sparkling Lambrusco while in Italy and it was ace. Nicely chilled sat by Lake Gada and wasn’t too sweet.

Does anyone actually drink the stuff and can recommend anywhere to get it?

geoffj

Context innit.
    It’ll taste rank sat on the sofa watching X-factor.

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

Edric64
    Free Member

£2.59 a bottle in Sainsbury`s says it all really !

binners

If you can’t get hold of any, I believe WKD blue is an acceptable substitute

perthmtb
    Free Member

I love a chilled bottle of Lambrusco with a Summer BBQ, nothing better! Chateau legopener one of my friends calls it 😆

But I do find myself having to justify drinking cheap plonk to the wine snobs, so do it less and less these days 🙁

Don’t Tescos sell their ownbrand – they used to?

jambalaya
    Free Member

Mateus Rose is an excellent fun summer wine – slightly sparkling – about a £5er a bottle

It is very true that context makes a big difference but also true that frequently some very good quality wines at good prices are only available locally, the local demand is sufficient to buy up all the supply so it doesn’t get shipped. The more expensive but not necessarily better wine gets sold on abroad.

rossi46
    Free Member

Alcoholic lemonade- it’s allright Mrs Rossi quite likes it.
    I’ll drink it if theres nothing else going 😉

Did once try the cherry one- Bleeeuuurrrggghhhhh! ‘Orrible, like drinking a mixture of chemicals

sandwicheater

😳

tomhoward

Lambrusco? Heavens no. I’m far more discerning

julianwilson
    Free Member

I stayed in Soave (as in the town that makes the wine) for a bit when I was 19: they told me that the lambrusco factory there they made lambrusco with the leftover grape skins when they had finished making the various other grades wine from repeated pressings. So a bit like the ‘mechanically recovered chicken nugget’ of wines, really.

convert

Tesco keep putting one of their proseccos on sale at half price for £5 a bottle. Almost as cheap but a bit less sweet and a bit more drinkable.

Context though – I’m sure lambrusco @ Lake Garda is great as is retsina in a little greek island taverna.

Coyote
    Free Member

If you wanted the piss taking, ask on here.

If you enjoy it, just drink it regardless of what others think. For example, I am drinking instant coffee. To some here that would be heresy but I am comfortable with it. 🙂

tomhoward

I can’t believe anyone drinks instant coffee Coyote.

Or, indeed, any coffee. As it’s rank.

ransos
    Free Member

Had some really nice red sparkling Lambrusco while in Italy and it was ace. Nicely chilled sat by Lake Gada and wasn’t too sweet.

I had that once – it bears little relation to the nasty supermarket plonk of the same name.

It goes very well with a strawberry dessert.

derek_starship
    Free Member

Value vodka + diet dandelion & burdock lots of ice.

Context – bollocksed in no time.

rossi46
    Free Member

If you enjoy it, just drink it regardless of what others think.

Yep, and i like a pint of John Smiths- but others on this forum think im a heathen 😉
    I don’t care- i like it!

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Lambrusco’ is closed to new replies.