Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Lakes – where is this?
  • RoganJosh
    Free Member

Great video, however, although I live in the lakes I am ashamed to say I don’t know where this is… Lap of skiddaw?

Thanks in advance, I wanna go!

Drac

Sanny posts on here not watched the video as about to jump in the bath.

anc
    Free Member

First bits the Bash. Then various bits round catbells and barrow.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Borrowdale Bash from whatendlath with the best bit cut 🙂
    though at 10 mins not getting to the end very soon…

RoganJosh
    Free Member

Ye so first descent to seatoller, and then there is the castle crags descent… Which is ridge with the narrow singletrack?

Cheers

anc
    Free Member

Not sure what you mean by ridge.. but the bit after the Bash is catbells heading south then turning right at the col with maiden moor and coming back on yourself a bit(thats the single track bit) its called brunt crag descent on strava… if your on there.
    Second singletrack bit is coming down from barrow door to braithwaite(coledale gardens)

RoganJosh
    Free Member

Right rgr that’s the bit I meant cheers for that

ndthornton
    Free Member

Im going to the Lakes for the first time this weekend with the bike – Whats the chances of me being able to find any of this??
    Anyone point me in direction of some GPX files?

johnellison
    Free Member

Whats the chances of me being able to find any of this??

Well lots of other people find it. Ever heard of an OS map? 😯

toons
    Free Member

Think the high stuff will be covered in snow.

anc
    Free Member

High stuff Deffo a no go unless you like pushing through lots of snow.. Bash is fine though.

ndthornton
    Free Member

email address
    thorntonforce@hotmail.com

Cheers

RoganJosh
    Free Member

It’s in Keswick area ndthornton, derwent water and borrowdale specifically, google borrowdale bash and some route guide will be up there, if not have a scan of bridle ways circumnavigating the lake on an os map and try piece it together.

No idea what Gpx files even are sorry. But yes, the high stuff as mentioned will be unridable.

grum
    Free Member

Well lots of other people find it. Ever heard of an OS map?

Yeah, avoid the bridleways and look out for footpaths 😈

strackbaz
    Free Member

Rogan Josh – Member
    http://vimeo.com/62430812

Great video, however, although I live in the lakes I am ashamed to say I don’t know where this is… Lap of skiddaw?

More details on that ride here http://www.gmbc.org.uk/lakes-trip-last-weekend/

ndthornton
    Free Member

Great Im going to try it!
    Should I take my hardtail or the full suss?

It looks like a big ol loop – so thinking Soda…
    but watching the vid makes me thing Dune

What I need is something in the middle really – which is what I dont have 🙁

Deneo
    Free Member

Coming to this a bit late but seen as I made the film I thought I’d share a couple if things. anc’s comments are pretty accurate, IIRC most of Borrowdale Bash then climb up to Catsbells summit, ride round and down sweet singletrack on the west side to Stair, over to Stoneycroft, up to Stile End then back down to Braithwaite. If you follow me on Strava you’ll get the gpx. – dhappell
    Oh and glad you like the gopro footage

anc
    Free Member

Just gave you kudos for the route and film 😀

iain65
    Free Member

+1, nice video, was meant be riding there last weekend but unable due to snow, will grab gpx. Thanks.
    Iain.

james
    Free Member

disappointed at 1min in, no footage of the best bit? and then went past the gate on the RHS.
    3mins has me stumped, seems out of sequence?

Good vid though, I’ve some ideas to refresh the bash for me there

Deneo
    Free Member

Ah, James. Unfortunately a dog and walker chose our line when we were descending about a minute in so that bit didn’t make the edit, it is a pretty sweet descent. The bit a 3 mins is part descending Castle Crags. Pretty steep techy switchbacks up top which are not on film unfortunately. We popped up there then came back down to join the bash route again.

Cheers anc and Iain for the thanks

toons
    Free Member

Excellent video Deneo

BTW how many gates did you have to edit out?

iain65
    Free Member

Hi Deneo, my family have now watched the video and it looks like we will all be riding it soon! I’ve not ridden in that area as we tend to ride in th SW Lakes as my in-laws live at the bottom of Walna Scar Road, however, that area definitely on the agenda now.

Thanks again.

Iain

Deneo
    Free Member

Not sure how many gates toons, not too many IIRC.
    Thanks Iain, enjoy the ride, lucky you – nice bit of the world to live in!

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘Lakes – where is this?’ is closed to new replies.