Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Lakes weather forecast for next weekend
  • brooess
    Free Member

I’ll be staying with a friend in Bampton next weekend. Won’t be riding but likely to get out on the hills fpr a post-Xmas bimble.
    MWIS suggests there’ll be some snow so full winter kit incl crampons and axe or just 3-season stuff?
    I’m packing tonight…

peterfile
    Free Member

Hard to say a week in advance, but if you’re heading up anything in December, depending on route, it would be foolish to do so without crampons and axe at least in the pack to be honest.

If you’ve got the kit, throw it in the boot anyway then you’ve got options.

Hohum
    Free Member

The weather is set to stay stormy for the next week or so with more active low pressure systems rattling over or close to the UK.

Wind and rain at this time is likely to lead to blizzard conditions up in high ground. Take care and keep watching the forecasts.

agentdagnamit
    Free Member

Crampons? Depends where you’re planning on going? Fairly warm and wet at the moment, cant see any issues with consolidated snow up there (unfortunately!).

The winter of 2009/2010 in the Lakes

brooess
    Free Member

I was in Torridon Feb 2010. England came to a standstill because of the snow. Meanwhile in Scotland, the roads were clear and we lucked out with really stable conditions and came back with a suntan 🙂

postierich
    Free Member

Weather very changeable @ the moment if heading high up and walking dress like the 2 guys on the right if biking wrap up well I did pad up for the descent!

1466303_10151857879303802_1757385894_n by Richard Munro, on Flickr

molgrips
    Free Member

You probably want telemark skis rather than crampons 🙂

tomaso
    Free Member

From where I’m sitting visibility is poor and its very wet and windy.

If the weather is really foul on Saturday I may have to make alternative plans…

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Lakes weather forecast for next weekend’ is closed to new replies.