Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Lakes trails, inspiration required…
  • masterwatson2000
    Free Member

Lots of awesome trails to ride on my doorstep, but I don’t know which ones to pick. Recommend me a 25 – 35 km Lake District loop to do on Saturday. I’m trying to convince a mate to come up my neck of the woods but he wants me to go down to his (ramsbottom, and also lots of fun trails). Favourites, ones you might be riding this weekend, and best ones that avoid the honeypot areas likely to be busy on the end of school holidays…

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts…

Masterwatson2000

tomaso
    Free Member

North South or waaaaaaaaay out West in the Lakes?

I’ll just post a picture of last Saturday up somewhere around Ill Bell Mardale

masterwatson2000
    Free Member

I’m in Kendal, and likely to set off (when my mate arrives…) around 10ish, so could do with a venue within an hours drive to allow us plenty of riding time. Excited by the idea of going high, say Skiddaw, Sticks Pass, or maybe Walna Scar, but not sure. Weather looks a tad iffy, and I’m guessing that wouldn’t be best for a day on the tops.

Beautiful pic up mardale way, what route did you do Tomaso?

Trekster

Staveley, Gatesgarth & Nan Bield 😆

Staveley, Kentmere, Sadgill, Garburn 😀

postierich
    Free Member

Kendal based myself and you cannot beat a bit of cheeky Ill Bell
    http://www.strava.com/activities/131919152

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

We had a fantastic weekend in Grizedale, really enjoyed all of the riding we did but Parkamoor to Nibthwaite was a highlight.

justatheory
    Free Member

I did Iron Keld/Loughrigg yesterday and absolutely loved it. Parkamoor/Grizedale is amazing too in Southern Lakes. Nan Bield, Borrowdale, as above Parkamoor to Nibthwaite is a brilliant downhill, Walnar Scar. The Lakes have the best riding in England hands down IMO. Very lucky to live there!

masterwatson2000
    Free Member

Nice one Postie, one to check out for sure! Is it likely to be busy with walkers tomorrow you reckon? Or could we get on there without much trouble?

tomaso
    Free Member

From Staveley heasd over to Longsledale and then ybust a gut up Gatesgarth nip over to Harter fell and cut west from Nan Bield over to Mardale and Ill Bell you won’t see many folks and head to Garburn and back to Staveley.

hora
    Free Member

Ooo tick Summers coming. Any places to camp recommended?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Lakes trails, inspiration required…’ is closed to new replies.