Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Lakes routes advice please for a singlespeed pulling a bike trailer….
  • haggis1978

Heading to the Lakes on Friday with the family for a week. Can anyone recommend a couple of ok routes for pulling a bike trailer along please? Only bike I have which will fit the trailers axle bracket is my rigid singlespeed with quick release rear end though. I am sure I could make it 1×10 if this sounds daft. Obviously I’m not looking for something technical so probably more an easy paced walkers route. I have a few books of routes which I’ve added to my Flickr if that’s of any use and someone can recommend something from them. Staying in Windermere. Thanks in advance.

http://www.flickr.com/stewno1

TomB

Ferry from bowness to hawkshead, head north on lake shore to wray castle and beyond. Easily singlespeedable, and you could extend the ride onto the forest roads of grizedale as much or as little as you like.

scuttler

Cambridge?

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    martinhutch

As above, ferry then lake shore north under Claife. If you cope alright with the easy inclines on that, you could head up to High Wray, past basecamp on the forest road and head S towards Sawrey on forest tracks.

haggis1978

Cheers folks. I’ll get a look at those.

Waderider
    Free Member

Why cripple yourself? Get gears and a method with less deadweight for carrying your luggage? And shave off the beard.

Junkyard
    Free Member

i so hope its is the kids in the trailer you just called deadweight luggage

I think you can do the road up to kentmere ressie – gets proper lakes views will be hard going in places with a trailer and you will want gears [PM if you want the route and pics ] and its proper rough in places not undoable but you will need to go slowly and pick a line

I am 95% certain it is all gates though technically a FP shows the start but impossible to miss just keep going !

http://www.streetmap.co.uk/map.srf?x=345500&y=504500&z=120&sv=kentmere&st=3&tl=Map+of+Kentmere,+Cumbria+%5BCity/Town/Village%5D&searchp=ids.srf&mapp=map.srf

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Lakes routes advice please for a singlespeed pulling a bike trailer….’ is closed to new replies.