Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Lakes riding weekend with family
  • timthetinyhorse

I have never been riding in the lakes and fancy doing a long weekend over there with both riding and some family time.

There will be two families going so need somewhere not too in the sticks to stay so that the women folk and children folk have things to do during ride time and then fun family things to do when not.

can anyone recommend good places to stay with good riding close by?

Its a wide open question so open to all sorts

whitestone
    Free Member

Are you camping, renting a cottage or B&Bing?

The main centres are Ambleside and Keswick, plenty of options for both riding and other activities in and around both. However the Lakes is a fairly small area so not too hard to get between valleys and towns (before 9am!!)

ticsmon

Off up there myself with the family for the week and gonna get out for a ride. Whinlatter is looking good for me to get on the bike whilst keeping the kids and wife entertained. I’ll let you know how I get on

ticsmon

Hi tim just back from the lakes. Keswick looked a good place to stay, lovely place with plenty to do and whinlatter close by for the riding. Plenty of things for the kids at whinlatter ttoo. I went riding for 3-4 hours(took my time) and the wife and kids (aged 5 and 8 ) had fun while I was gone. The weather helped as you can see

jekkyl

Go to Keswick, family cycling can be had on the old railway line out towards Threlkeld. There’s walking trails as well as a great playground at whinlatter along with the 2 reds. There’s a cinema and a swimming pool if the weather’s bad and there’s loads of pubs, restaurants and B&Bs there. Also some lovely family walks like catbells, starting on the lake steamer or around Buttermere, absolutely beautiful part of the UK.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Lakes riding weekend with family’ is closed to new replies.