Viewing 31 posts - 41 through 71 (of 71 total)
  • Lakes National Enduro Championship
  • Tracey

It will be too good to miss, got plenty of tape in the van if you need any. That and the adrenaline will keep you going.

orena45

orena45 – I nearly broke my hand 2 weeks ago. It’s bloomin sore, I’m full of man-flu and coughing up my lungs every 10 minutes at the moment.

See you there!

In other words…MTFU 😆

ir_bandito
    Free Member

The Golden S/ Super Steep must be on the Grizedale forest heading down to Consiton water? I won’t have done it if it wasn’t at last year’s Grizedale PMBA enduro, looking forward to it.

Champs only Jon….

You all seen the video of the Satterthwaite DH stage 3 that’s appeared today?

Trippin – Afternoon Delight!

Panic! Dust! Dust everywhere! (*spoiler alert* small amount of standing water at .54 seconds)SCOTT Sports // Altura Technical Bikewear // Bell Bike Helmets // GiroSportDesign // Hope Technology Ltd // VeeTireCo UK // Syncros – Precision Bicycle Products // 7 Protection // CamelBak // Juice Lubes // Mudhugger

Posted by Trippin on Tuesday, April 25, 2017

Kahurangi

Golden S / Super Steep…

Champs only…

Non-champs riders can ride the full 10 stages but only the times for the 7 or 8-stage course will count towards their total.

ir_bandito
    Free Member

Non-champs riders can ride the full 10 stages

Good, you can show me how its done then 🙂

fr0sty125
    Free Member

DHF 2.5 3c on the front and HR2 2.3 60a on the rear for me. That super steep sounds like an insane grad mayer similar to Golf course stuff at Inners.

jonnym92

did a quick strava search for the super steep. -29% average gradient. Nice.

How about this.. thankfully not being raced, both are belting trails.

ir_bandito
    Free Member

So how hard is the overall riding going to be? 44km in 7 hours, when only around 8km are at race-pace doesn’t seem too bad….

orena45

44km in the Lakes…hard enough I reckon!

kimbers

by driving up and down the country several times this weekend i think i might be able to do friday practice , yay!!

Kahurangi

Good, you can show me how its done then

Like you’ll be able to keep me in sight 😆 😉

See you all there soon. Give us a friendly wave. Bring earplugs.

Not kidding, bring earplugs if you’re camping friday night.

darrenspink
    Free Member

Any videos of this ‘super steep’ trail?

kimbers

Well that was freaking tough

Loved it, but suffered badly through? lack of fitness by the last few stages.

Missing out on Friday practice also not the best idea, especially as it was 6 of the 10 stages, missed a few turns and hard to judge how to pace myself, but we were lucky with the weather and it started dry, even super steep stage 5 was pretty grippy.

goyawave
    Free Member

Not Super Steep but check out footage of stages 1 & 9…

https://m.facebook.com/Whitenosugar-Productions-146934218680569/

Trekster

How long before the event insurance company catches up with this(risk assessment???)and withdraws cover????

Devils advocate 😳 but it’s only time before someone gets injured and “claims4you” etc f….. it all up 🙄

big_n_daft
    Free Member

How long before the event insurance company catches up with this(risk assessment???)and withdraws cover????

I imagine the issue isn’t the technical aspects, it will be marshal cover. The course will be OK, practice encouraged, so it’s then dealing with the accidents that matters, the accident itself is unlikely to be the issue.

kimbers

All the lines in the video had chicken runs and good marshall cover and features to slow you down b4 you reached them.

The really bad injury of the weekend was on the KS sender, but there were a smaller and 1 totally rollable option available and medics on hand

ir_bandito
    Free Member

Cracking event. 2 days of practice was really useful, but not? enough to stop me ballsing up a simple little drop on stage 2, going over the bars and bending my front brake rotor beyond repair. Game over and an early bath. Doh!

jontykint
    Free Member

Awesome race that.
    I had about a billion mechanicals and got incredibly pissed off, but got round without hurting myself.

kimbers

2 days of practice was really useful,

Only one day was tough, to me a day to get into the trails, which are a bit techier than woburn!

Tracey

Brilliant weekend. Thanks to everyone who made it happen. The location was spot on and even the weather was good. Didn’t hear a bad word all the weekend and the smiles on the competitors faces at the end when they were given a beer was priceless.
    Really felt for the guy this morning who hit the overhanging hedge with his camper and ripped the awning straight off. Must have put a big downer on his weekend

bigfoot
    Free Member

a good enjoyable 3 days on the bike even if i wasn’t riding that well.
    parted company from the bike twice in the race without hurting myself which hopefully heas got me over my fear of crashing i’ve had since my previous couple of crashes which have done damage.
    glad it stayed dry, some of the stages would of been really tough in the wet.

fr0sty125
    Free Member

Well that was certainly tough, thank god it didn’t rain.

Ard Rock will be a nice relaxed jolly after that one!

Great trails apart from the trail centre black bit on stage 4 that was just a bit boring(maybe that’s because I’m shit at jumping).

Catering could have been better.

Healing vibes to all those who broke themselves or their bikes.

kimbers

£3.50 for a gormet cheeseburger was quite reasonable I thought!

Tho if you were after a salad or even pasta not much going I suppose.

jambalaya
    Free Member

I watched the practice seasion video – excellent. As for the slippy slidy stuff above thats a normal wet day ride for me ! Trees are for hugging right ?

Congrats to all that took part ot looked fantastic and its a Nationals so it’s supposed to be hard ?

Kahurangi

Oh aye it was hard. Long days out and tough stages – and that’s from someone who didn’t do practice on Friday.

Not that I wanted to mind, the van broke down on the A590 on Friday morning (the red camper stopped near Lindale if you saw us 👿 )10 hours to get back to Newcastle and we head out in the car on Saturday morning for attempt no. 2.

Having dropped down to non-champs so that I could ride with my mate/s and ill and injured I was taking it pretty steady on race day with plenty of cautious line choice…

That “carnage corner” on Stage 9 didn’t cause me any problems last year but the roots have polished up nicely, I binned it on top of someone in practice and played it safe after that!

Could have done with a bit of practice on Stage 5 so that that right hand corner wouldn’t spook me…

And Stage 7 I’d heard about and was thinking “this isn’t so bad” until you get in to the middle of it and think WTF???

chakaping
    Free Member

Looking forward to seeing the race video for this one.

Stroke of luck with the weather for you lot.

🙂

kimbers

Stroke of luck with the weather for you lot.

wouldve been brutal in the wet!

kimbers
    goyawave
    Free Member

Super Steep Stage 5….

Gotta love the local support!

orena45

Ok so I MTFUd and rode last weekend. Loved the whole weekend but just couldn’t attack any stages like I wanted. Glad I went though!

Anyway, here’s my race report if anyone fancies a read 🙂

Viewing 31 posts - 41 through 71 (of 71 total)

The topic ‘Lakes National Enduro Championship’ is closed to new replies.