Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 71 total)
  • Lakes National Enduro Championship
  • harryjan
    Free Member

Since I can’t see an existing thread (Correct me If I’m blind!)

Details – http://www.pmba.org.uk/2017/04/02/information-datatag-national-enduro-championship/

So whose going and how stoked are you?

Still heavily considering it although I’m already booked into the Exmoor enduro a couple of weekends before so it might be a bit much.

Would anyone be interested in Lift sharing from Bristol (probably leaving after work Friday)?

kimbers

After the awesomeness of the exmoor suthern champs, I cant wait to get up there

i just really hope the weather will be as good

harryjon practice of half the stages friday only, other half saturday only

I can only do sat sun so gonna race half of it blind but ill survive, hopefully

fr0sty125
    Free Member

Still can’t decide to do it or not.. Only want to for the private trails…

Si
    Free Member

Racing whats planned in Grizedale blind could be an interesting one….

kimbers

Si – Member
    Racing whats planned in Grizedale blind could be an interesting one….

Im hoping I can sneak in some cheeky practice on saturday, obvs dont want to risk DQ, so a least try and walk some

Ive ridden a few ukges at grizzy so hoping Ill know at least some of it

tomhoward

They’re really struggling for marshals, so even if you don’t ride, go help out

mbnutter
    Free Member

Aye, marshals are needed, I think the Sunday is the day causing the most difficulty.

I have very generously given them my slave son for the weekend, he’ll get paid and have a good time… ummm, maybe I should marshal!

fr0sty125
    Free Member

Just entering now and it gives two options non champs course and champs course. What are people doing? I haven’t raced since Ard Rock last year but my fitness is pretty good. On the other hand I just want to have fun.

cumbrianmonkey
    Free Member

Non champs is the same 10 stages but only 8 of them count towards your overall. The champs race has transition times and seeding. As far as I’m aware the deadline for the champs race was yesterday.

mbnutter
    Free Member

Ha… I have no idea which I have entered!

kimbers

scampers off to check gmail and see which one i signed up for!

Simon

Really fancied doing this, I love the thrill of seeding and timed transitions but having struggled with some of the steep, rooty, muddy tech at previous Grizedale PMBAs I decided not to bother.

fr0sty125
    Free Member

Booked on now. Hopefully the stages will be fun as they look in the videos.

tomhoward

Just seen the entry list, bloody quick ladies field!

Some pretty handy chaps in there too by the looks.

Best of luck all!

kimbers

Seeding list is up, early start, but it is a long day, i suppose I’ll need it

Toughest seeding position, gotta be rider 626 Andrew infield

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1277741195673655&substory_index=0&id=496050647176051

Tracey

Abigale is out at 7.40 with the U21s, some very fast women. Going to be a long day.

Kahurangi

I’m in. The Lakes Enduro was so good last year that I couldn’t pass this up.

I’ve knacked my hand though, so I’m guessing 50:50 whether I can race or not 🙁

I preemptively demoted myself to the Ride With Mates category based on this, but as far as I can tell, my mates have put themselves in for the Championship! 😆

darrenspink
    Free Member

Would love to check out the trails but due to my current lack of fitness I think i’d pass out somewhere along the way. Be nice if they run a mini enduro one day job in the future.

matt007
    Free Member

I’m in, seeded mid pack in the masters at no. 360. Nervous already!

Never ridden Grizedale or any of the previous PMBA’s using Graythwaite.

The vids I’ve looked up mostly look like either fresh cut off piste which looks rooty and pretty wet, or what looks like trail centre established tracks.

Any pointers?

Tracey

If you are going to crash dont let it be in the arena at the end with every one watching

orena45

390 for me – wondering what my start time is going to be!

ir_bandito
    Free Member

as far as I can tell, my mates have put themselves in for the Championship!

yeah, sorry Jon, didn’t get around to downgrade. and secretly want to go large for my first Enduro anyway 🙂

Early seeded run for me. It’ll be like having the hounds of hell behind me. I’m going to be soooo far out of my depth….

ir_bandito
    Free Member

anyone know if non-entrants are allowed to join in on the practice days?

Tracey

Marshals are on for practice and you usually need a race number on the bars to get past them.

thestabiliser
    Free Member

Graythwaite stages would be out of bounds I’d have thought but they can’t stop you riding the FC bits. But those trails will still be there when the racers aren’t.

Had one guy push to the front at a previous race (during practice) and when the Marshall point out the queue he came back with “do you see a ****’ number?” Tosser. If you’re nice folks might not object.

kimbers

Stage notes are up

Oh dear this is one of the Friday practice only that i cant make

Stage 5 : The Golden S (Champs only), 600ft, 0.6 miles
    Built by PMBA & Sublime Rides back in 2015 but deemed “too extreme” for use at the PMBA series. This trail quickly got a reputation as the best trail in Grizedale. Stunning views of Coniston water and the old man at the top, and after easing you in the trail plunges very steeply earning its other nickname “super steep”. In all honesty this steep section will not be raceable by the majority, riding and tripoding down the aim will be to stay on and keep on the tight line. Difficult corners into even steeper chutes will get many a butt clenching and probably result in the few soiled shorts. There is no shame in walking down here! Out of the steep and the second half of the trail is much faster, but a narrow line and adverse camber with sniper roots means its easy to slide out. Our medics on this stage have rope access to give you an idea of the steepness! Flow 4/5 Tech 5/5 Pedal 1/5 Steep 5/5

chakaping
    Free Member

Considering how steep Graythwaite is anyway, that must be pretty hardcore.

Good luck.

😀

Simon

Kind of glad I wimped out now! Should be a good spot for some heckling spectating.

jonnym92

I’ve ridden super-steep before, might be obvious but it is bloody steep.
    The first section is pretty tough, prepare to grab a tree if you come off. Such a good trail if you get it right though!
    Hopefully it stays dry(ish) for the racers, good luck!

bgascoyne
    Free Member

gheez, I’m getting nervous now!I might walk that bit!!

Tracey

Forcast looks good, bit of rain for tomorrow then hopefully it keeps clear. Setting off tomorrow once Abigale gets home from Uni.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Best of luck to Abigale Tracey.

Tracey

Thanks, will pass it on.

kimbers

was hoping to go with chunky monkey/ smorgs

but might be getting out the shorty/ vigilante combo!

Tracey

Butcher/Purgatory Grids

matt007
    Free Member

Ive been running minion DHF’s front and back with the recent dry weather, was up the amber valley yesterday evening and even after the quick dampening down / hail shower I got on the steeper loamy trails I was wishing I had my shorty on the front…. after reading this I think I’ll put that on tonight as default for the weekend

chakaping
    Free Member

I rode Graythwaite with a rock razor on the back and chunky monkey on the front last year if memory serves.

I’d definitely go for something a bit more toothy both ends if I was racing there again.

Kahurangi

Minion DFH/DHR2 here. Got some new Magic Mary’s for a plan B.

The Golden S/ Super Steep must be on the Grizedale forest heading down to Consiton water? I won’t have done it if it wasn’t at last year’s Grizedale PMBA enduro, looking forward to it.

orena45

Arghh…took a heavy fall last week and hurt my shoulder. It’s getting better but not 100% and I can’t decide whether its worth going or not! I’ve got til tonight to decide 😐

Been running Shorty front and Minion DHR rear for a a while but with the info on the web site saying tough tyres are needed, I’ve got a CRC cheap Double Down Tomahawk arriving today for the rear.

Kahurangi

orena45 – I nearly broke my hand 2 weeks ago. It’s bloomin sore, I’m full of man-flu and coughing up my lungs every 10 minutes at the moment.

See you there!

p.s. did a quick strava search for the super steep. -29% average gradient. Nice. 😆

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 71 total)

The topic ‘Lakes National Enduro Championship’ is closed to new replies.