Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Lakes Advice
  • Shandy
    Free Member

I am headed for a stag this weekend and hoping to fit some biking in. I would really appreciate any advice.

On Saturday morning we are doing Grizedale in a group. Is there a fun/interesting way from Ambleside to Grizedale and back down again?

The weather on Sunday is looking a bit clearer, can anybody recommend a “classic” lakes loop that will take me past some good views without meeting too many irate walkers? I can cope with 50-60km and 1500m-2000m climbing.

I will have a bit of time Monday morning if I get up early. Is Helvellyn from Glenridding a good shout and what is the best way up/down?

Any advice very gratefully received!

jambalaya
    Free Member

Search on here via google, been discussed many times, for example

Site:singletrackworld.com Grizedale

This thread I book marked, should help. Helvelyn ride clockwise from Glenriding is a classic, google that

Natural Grizedale

jekkyl

yup lakes threads are done on here pretty much every week. I would also say whatever time you think it’s going to take add on 2 hours!!

simons_nicolai-uk
    Free Member

I’m off up there too, staying near Hawkshead. We’ve been many times over the years but not for the last two so I suspect things might have changed a bit and it’s long enough that my memory will be a bit rusty.

The recommended route on that linked thread was
    http://www.theedgecycleworks.com/mtbroutes/grizedale-parkamoor/ which now seems to be a dead link – does anyone have the GPX of it?

thestabiliser
    Free Member

You’ll need to be living up to your username to get those rides in on a stag do!

Shandy
    Free Member

You’ll need to be living up to your username to get those rides in on a stag do!

I am prepared to suffer. Ive been in the Lakes twice, once for a wedding and once for Kendal Calling. I can’t go back without getting up a few hills!

Thanks for the links, the Google search tip has already been a big help.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Lakes Advice’ is closed to new replies.