• This topic has 9 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by aP.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Lakeland Monster CX – pre event rides??
  • bikebouy
    Free Member

I’m up for this event and heading up 5 days early because I fancy riding around the hills and forests.
    So I’m looking for routes (gpx or general) that I could hack out on he Cx’er.

Anyone know/fancy passing on some routes ?

boxelder

Where are you staying? Good CX type riding to west of Keswick – Whinlatter, Wythop woods, Loweswater, over towards Ennerdale. Also lots of trails/lanes surrounding Windermere Lake – Ambleside/Hawkshead/Coniston/Staveley. I’d be happy to trace some out on a map, or meet for a ride a few days before (if not busy).

Dobbo

I was riding around Wythop woods yesterday and the C2C route down to Beck Wythop is closed due to logging. Looking at the ride route maps it looks like they use the track on the Mini Massif route.

I went down it anyway as it used to be a lovely fast downhill track through the trees but it completely trashed, they have covered it big piles of lose slate that are un-rideable and would slice your tyres up. It it not due to reopen for over a month.

boxelder

They can just divert along the fire road.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Hi, I’m staying in a spa hotel in Keswick so think I’m local to most anywhere. I’ve taken a look at the maps and can find some routes but was looking for “head here, go there” which you’ve pointed out so thanks and that’s cool, cheers.

Dobbo

This is the closed section, I’m not too sure it is on the route as the route PDF isn’t that clear to read! Could divert it round it would add a bit as they won’t want to go on the A66.

Closed Section

Dobbo

spa hotel in Keswick

Do you mean the Keswick Country House by the swimming pool? Unless you mean the Lyzzic which is mega £££’s?

bikebouy
    Free Member

Lordor Falls in Barrowdale, doesn’t look too far from Keswick, forgive my lack of location knowledge I’ve never been to the area.
    I’m going to take a look on Garmin to look for someone else’s routes, hoping for some forest and hill climbing.

If anyone’s around and fancies a ride out I’ll be up next Weds, and really looking forward to it.

bikebouy
    Free Member

So boxelder, fancy showing me around ??

😀

aP
    Free Member

Cross Fell is good, and appropriately named.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Lakeland Monster CX – pre event rides??’ is closed to new replies.