Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Lakeland Loop – lucks out with the weather
  • boxelder

With the forecast for rain most of today for the L Loop, it’s perfect for them – glorious sunshine, very light winds and not too warm. A little jealous watching them go by while I garden with the kids.

cdaimers

We were on top of whinlatter early afternoon when the snow/hale hit. Would not want to be out on road bike on the other passes in that weather.

boxelder

Aye – I jinxed it.

paulevans
    Free Member

Did he Lakeland Lood today and the weather was nigh on perfect. Just warm enough, light winds and great views.

Where were you Boxelder?

boxelder

Lorton

The late starters/slower types got caught by showers later on I guess. Cold and fairly strong wind blowing up Crummock/Buttermere by 2pm

midlifecrisis
    Free Member

Boxelder – why were you not out riding??? You have quite a big ride coming up next month 🙂

boxelder

Tapering…………and I’ll be drafting you.

midlifecrisis
    Free Member

RULES

Complete the entire route, under your own power – no drafting
    Be completely self-supported throughout the ride – absolutely no support crews, absolutely no gear sharing
    Only use commercial services that are available to all challengers – no private resupply, no private lodging
    If you have to leave the route, you must rejoin it at the exactly same spot
    No caches of any kind
    No pre-arranged support, which means before you begin your ride – e.g. booking a B&B, arranging to meet a vehicle
    No travel by any motorized means during your ride – by all means do so if necessary, but understand if you do your attempt is over
    Gear – nothing required, nothing prohibited

😉

boxelder

Yeah, but I’m borrowing Jnrs Harvey Snotter Invisibility Cloak.
    8)

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Lakeland Loop – lucks out with the weather’ is closed to new replies.