Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Lakeists – Derwent Fells route query
  • professor_fate
    Free Member

Is there a connecting trail of some description between Crag Hill and Sail. There’s an administration boundary on my OSExplorer but that’s unlikely to translate to anything on the ground. Should there be something it would give me more options for my route tomorrow if I need to make it shorter. Ta…

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Marked clearly on OS 1:25000 and clearly visible in bing maps, go for it.

parkedtiger
    Free Member

Yep – cheeky and loose but it’s a great descent. Whenever you have a choice, keep right for the ridable line. There’s one very short section that’s a carry.

AD

Definitely a path – it forms part of the 10 in 10 route (http://www.10in10.org.uk/events/annual-10in10-challenge/

fergal
    Free Member

Classic ridge line to Causey pike taking in the bizzare raised switchbacks on Sail, it’s very good but not for the faint hearted.

Not the ultimate Derwent loop though?

Woodentop
    Free Member

Aye, there’s a footpath, ride able apart from a couple of steep carry downs / ups. The zigzag decent on Sail is a bit shit, there’s starting to be a trodden path to the left to straight line it, wet and boggy this time of year though.
    Rode this part a few times this year to link Grisedale Pike with Stoney Croft / Causey Pike

fergal
    Free Member

Thats naughty! the swichbacks were built to combat erosion problems and yes they are merde on a bike.

professor_fate
    Free Member

Cheers folks, looks good in case I need to use it.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Lakeists – Derwent Fells route query’ is closed to new replies.