Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Lake MX160 shoes – anyone tried?
  • alanl
    Free Member

Looking for very wide fit shoes, and these come up in reviews as one of the widest out there.
    Trouble is, no-one local (within 50 miles) keeps them in stock for me to try.

Has anyone got / tried them?
    Good / bad?

Thanks
    Alan.

Del

they’re on my list for when other stuff wears out. i have a set of their 303s and they’re the best bit of footwear i have bought bar none.
    take a look at the lake website. there’s a good fitting guide there that i used.

alanl
    Free Member

I ordered these, and got them earlier this week.
    I’ve got Sidi Megas now, around 10 years old. The new Lakes are not as wide as the Sidis, both size 44.
    The lakes are slightly shorter in length, so I’ll be returning these and getting a 45.
    £58 from Saltdog. Not the best quality – not as good as the Sidis for sure, but they are 40% of the Sidi price.

zilog6128

I use these as my everyday commute shoe, and also for longer rides on the cross bike. Not particularly light or mega stiff but they are comfy. Seem well made, had them about a year with no problems. Previous low-spec Lakes lasted almost 10 years.

I have fairly wide feet and whilst these shoes also come in Wide sizes I tried both & went for the normal (as you say Lake normally come up quite wide anyway) so unless your feet are like flippers either the normal or wide fitting should be fine.

alanl
    Free Member

I tried the Mx160 in size 44, and these were definitely smaller then my current Sidi Mega in size 44. I swapped them for a pair of MX175 in 45, and these were a perfect fit.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Lake MX160 shoes – anyone tried?’ is closed to new replies.