Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Lake Garda Torbole Camping with van which site would you recommend
  • postierich
    Free Member

3 weeks in August with a 10yr old taking a large awning kayaks bikes which of the sites would you recommend!

jambalaya
    Free Member

I know its not what you asked but have a look at the site in Malcesine, I’ve not stayed there but it seemed reasonably well located. The cable car runs from there FYI. Town is very nice, I’ve sailed out of the club there.

rickmeister

I don’t wanted to be an alarmist but I thought that the mayor had put some draconian restrictions on trails and bike access in the whole of that area….

Anyone with factoids?

We managed a capsite at the head of the lake in torso le, it gets massively busy, booking essential…

postierich
    Free Member

booked out last summer hoping to book now so we don’t miss out!!

RoterStern
    Free Member

Depends on what you want obviously but the more family orientated campsites are located further down the lake towards Garda, Bardololino etc. The ones around Torbole and Riva are very cramped and basic and always rammed full in the summer. If you want to stay at that end of the lake I always head to Arco. It’s a fifteen minute ride by bike to the lake (on a dedicated cycle path) and the campsite has the cliffs as a backdrop and is mainly full of mtbers and rock climbers.

damascus
    Free Member

I went a few years ago on a bit of a tour. I didn’t book thinking I’d be able to just turn up, wrong, place was heaving, everywhere was fully booked.

I ended up at one of the most picturesque campsites ever, right on the shore, however, it was the worst campsite I’ve ever stayed at. I didn’t know they still had long drop toilets. It was 25 euros a night as well.

I then moved on to a campsite up on the hill with a pool, that was 45 euros a night!!!

I ended up going to Lake como in Switzerland (I think) less history but less people and just as beautiful.

From my experience if you are going in August prepare to pay extra and que a lot.

chickenman

Bellavista is the best; quiet, secure with large pitches. Right next to the lake with stunning views/swimming. Uplift guys are nearby. You can’t book ahead though unless you phone/email them. We always just roll up; only once didn’t get in. They kind of eyeball you to see if they like the look of you.
    it is extortionate though.

andyl
    Free Member

From my limited experience of being there in September this year Torbole is a place I would go back to stay again, especially for water sports such as kayaking and wind surfing, Malcesine seems good for a day out when not on the bikes and water but I did spot the cable car.

Can’t help on the campsite as we were in a hotel just by the main roundabout but the one like Europa right on the water looked fine but I can imagine very busy.

Trekster
    Marko

We stayed in one of the Arco ones, just up the road from Torbole. A pleasant cycle path takes you in to Torbole (or Riva del Garda). Arco is the old town, tucked away from the constant wind. Big with climbers and consequently more kit shops than Ambleside.

Camping Zoo

No problems with MTB access and several companies were running shuttles from Torbole. (The Tremalzo descent should be on your tick list).

Hth
    Marko

ElShalimo

Booking is essential.
    We tried to stay at the Arco campsite midweek in mid Sept 2010 and it was packed full of MTBers. The only space left was next to a septic tank and a bunch of Austrians that were drunk as hell even though it was about 4pm. We just drove away and got a B&B. Lesson learned.

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

We stayed at campeggio arco lido which is right on the lake side on the edge of tobole. Good facilities and with a kitty litter beach and a big grass area next to it. Seemed to be very popular with the windsurfers, kayakers and sailists.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Lake Garda Torbole Camping with van which site would you recommend’ is closed to new replies.