Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Lake Garda in October
  • mikewsmith
    Free Member

Anybody been any reccomendations?

£125 to Milan with the bike then

mrplow
    Free Member

I did a DH day with Gardaonbike. Absolutely ace, you will find them and many others in Torbole that can shuttle you up routes at pretty short notice. Friends did the black 601 route on their own and said it was also very good.

Some routes here:
    http://www.gardamtb.com/itinerari_eng.php

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Cheers

How DH is the DH and whats the 601 like sounds fantastic

mikewsmith
    Free Member

blatant bump anybody else?

agentdagnamit
    Free Member

Hi. Spent a few days at Lake Garda in July, used uplifts from behind Meki's bike shop in Torbole (but stayed in Riva Del Garda as it seemed to have a better variety of bars and restaurants).

We tried to ride 601 but the Gondola uplift can involve long queues as it is only open to bikes every hour or so. You probably want an uplift shuttle instead. I heard that trail was exposed and technical, made me want to ride it more, but a couple of the riders we were with said they struggled with large sections.

We did the Maxx trail, I'd call it "freeride", lots of rock gardens and man made footpaths. About a 1,500m descent after a 45 minute uplift. I'd recommend it. Also did Tremalzo, longer uplift and longer ride. Starts with a 20 minute climb, then a long section of loose fireroad and double track down to a refuge (with a mental guardian…). We went the wrong way at a col soon after, but discovered an amazing DH run in some woods so dont think we missed anything. The ride ends in Riva after a fantastic section along the old lake side road through tunnels.

There seemed to be loads of other rides, I'm definitely going back. It was extremely hot in July, not sure what the weather will be like in October. I tried to arrange guiding with Saddleskeddadle, but they werent interested unless I booked a full week's trip with accommodation. Same went for Cycle Active, so use one of the local companies, or just pay 15 euros for the uplift.

Surprisingly it was cheaper than the French alps for food and drink (and the beer is far better as they cater for German tourists).

Go for it!

llama

I found some very very very very nice singletrack from Limone. Only had 1 spare day and a map. Love to go back with more time. No uplift but its only (!) 800m climbing or so.

Anyway the maps are easy to get hold of and the trails are numbered and signed to some extent. What I found was not that hard to find. But be prepared for unridable sections, actually unwalk/unclimbable sections for that matter.

agentdagnamit
    Free Member

It's very nice…

gardaMTB.com
    Free Member

hi guys!
    this is the official video of the first edition of King of Baldo Festival, in Torbole sul Garda. Hope you enjoy it!!

[video]http://vimeo.com/15765960[/video]

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Lake Garda in October’ is closed to new replies.