Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Lake Garda bike hire and routes..??
  • NorthCountryBoy
    Free Member

Hi we (me and the family)are off to Riva in lake Garda for our summer hols in about a weeks time.
    We havnt been before but read the article in STW a few months back and with a bit of Googling I understand there is a wealth of riding out there.
    Wont get out everyday so not really worth taking my own bike. Was thinking take all my kit helmet pedals etc, and hire a bike out there. Should I try to get a guided ride or just grab a map and go?
    What cost should I expect for suitable bike? 140mm trail bike etc?

Any info / experiences appreciated.

dan45a
    Free Member

Good news is you are the right end of the lake, lots of hire options in riva and torbole. I didn’t use it but an uplift shuttle goes from torbole a few times a day with lots of route options.

Other must do is mount baldo cable car, lots of hire places near the cable car there as well.

Sorry my advice is a bit vague but i was there on a family holiday in june but didnt actually go riding as we had a heat wave with temps nearing 40 degrees so chilled out drinking beer and wine.

Stunning place, enjoy 🙂

beicmynydd
    Free Member

I hired a bike a number of years ago at the shop near the Monte Baldo cable car.

The brakes where on the side, think it was a full suss KTM. Quite reasonable to hire. The shop where quite vague about where to take it !!

But I purchased a map and found some great tracks.
    I think there has been a World Gravity Enduro so you should be able to suss out where to go.

qwackers
    Free Member

I’m out there all summer long and have been riding there every year for the last 8 years. Inbox me for info or google “rebbens garda”.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Lake Garda bike hire and routes..??’ is closed to new replies.