Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Lake Garda – adventure honeymoon – recommendations?
  • robertgray05
    Free Member

So my awesome fiancee and I are hoping to have a chilled out week somewhere exotic (Seychelles?) then a more active week at the north end of lake Garda.

Where should we stay? What trails should we ride? What shop should we rent bikes from? Should we get a guide?

We’ll do something on the water too, maybe try some climbing and hiking, but it’s mtb that we’re most comfortable on.

I’ve heard its a great area for biking but haven’t found any specifics yet. Any ideas, experiences, recommendations welcome!

Cheers 🙂

Bob

acidchunks

Was out there last month for a mates wedding in Malcesine. Ridiculously beautiful location, was gutted that wasn’t allowed to take my bike and go play in the hills big **** off mountains for a day 🙁

As for rental of reasonable spec bikes, I didn’t see anywhere that rented out anything impressive.

Try Carpentaris bike shop in Torbole, they have a range of cube bikes. They can also sort out places on the local bike shuttle uplift service (luca’s bike shuttle)

Most people start by riding down from Mt Tremalzo which is a stunning 2hr+ descent all the way back down to Riva. Other good trails are the Skull trail, Coast trail and I think there was one the locals called the snake.

If you are feeling adventurous, you could do a full run of the 601 track but it’s a bit full on in places!

lucien

Mecki’s in Riva / Tarbole – plus they can organise an uplift. If you have a GPS, most of the shops will put GPX files on for you. Depends if you want to ride up, down or both I guess? When are you thinking of going, as sometimes of the year the weather is very unpredictable, due to the geography / location. Be prepared for lots of lycra clad, German HT riders with every attachment you can think of added to their bikes…. interesting!

rickmeister

Cant add much to the above, think Mechi’s has accommodation too. You’ll have a great time…

alibongo001

There is a hire shop at the bottom of the cable lift up to Mt Baldo (in malcesine), hired one a couple of years ago and it was ok (not really enough suspension and the brakes being the wrong way round did not help)

A great day can be had getting a lift to the top of the mountain and riding down (there are lots of way marked routes)

There are some spectacular hotels in Malcesine, depending on your budget.

We have stayed at the Majestic Palace several times, very good for families, maybe not the best for your needs.

There is a hotel near the castle, that looks spectacular, but not sure of the budget!

Enjoy…….its a wonderful part of the world

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Lake Garda – adventure honeymoon – recommendations?’ is closed to new replies.