Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Lake District trails guide book?
  • torihada
    Free Member

I’m taking a group of 8 to Lake District in Sep 2015 for a week of all mountain riding. I’ve got 2 or 3 classic rides up my sleeve, but I need 4 more. Thought I’d buy myself Lake District Mountain Bike trails – essential trails by Staton & Gore, so I can pore over my OS maps and plot routes.

Yay or nay to this guide book? Thanks.

P20

Presuming you mean the Vertebrae publishing one, yes they are good. Easy to follow

dunmail
    Free Member

It’s probably the only decent printed one around at the moment. The Crowood ones are very old nowadays and while the trails haven’t changed that much if at all, bikes have moved on (pictures of rigid MTBs as state of the art!) as have expectations of what a ride should consist of.

A good variety of routes but you might also want to have a look at the PedalNorth site – http://www.pedalnorth.com/content/lake-district-mtb-routes

boxelder

A good variety of routes but you might also want to have a look at the PedalNorth site

just don’t choose this one

torihada
    Free Member

A good variety of routes but you might also want to have a look at the PedalNorth site

Is it bad in a good sort of a way or just bad in a pointless sort of way?

I’ve seen some good routes on there and 3 from our group road the Dales with one of the guys from Pedal North; extremely nice bloke who was prepared to show strangers the trails.

mtbguiding
    Free Member

I’d recommend this one http://www.northerneyebooks.co.uk/neb/books/lake_district_mountain_bike_routes.php
    But then I would 🙂

Happy to advise on any of the routes if needed?

torihada
    Free Member

mtbguiding – Member
    I’d recommend this one http://www.northerneyebooks.co.uk/neb/books/lake_district_mountain_bike_routes.php
    But then I would

Happy to advise on any of the routes if needed?

I assume from the link and your forum name you’re a professional guide?

How much are your daily rates (my emails in my profile)?

mtbguiding
    Free Member

You have mail! Thanks 🙂

torihada
    Free Member

Cheers!

torihada
    Free Member

You have mail! Thanks

Tom, my replies to you are bouncing back (I xxx’d your address below):

“A message that you sent could not be delivered to one or more of
    its recipients. This is a permanent error. The following address
    failed:

“tom@xxxxxxxxxx.co.uk”:
    no valid MX hosts found

mtbguiding
    Free Member

Weird one! Thanks for letting me know though. Have sent you another address…

scruff
    Free Member

boxelder – Member

POSTED 2 DAYS AGO # REPORT-PO

I did, on my own as a birthday solo ride. I still have the mental scars 😐

boxelder

Many happy returns………… 😕

cliffyc
    Free Member

We sell 3 MTB Lakes guides in the Walking/outdoor clothing store where I work. Richard Staton and Chris Gore’s “Lake District Mountain Biking” pub 2010 2nd Ed.Vertebrate Publishing,Ian Boydon’s “Mountain Biking in the Lake District” pub 2011. Cicerone. and Tom Hutton’s “Lake District Mountain Biking” pub 2012. Nortern Eye Books. They all sell equally well. I like Lake District Mountain Biking, I know Richard Staton from his days as a rep in the bike industry(I uesd to work in a LBS),nice knowledgeable guy. Contact me on here if you want any or all of them if you can’t get them locally,(can do staff rate (as for me)and post free).You’ll have a great time when you do come up!.

torihada
    Free Member

My Lake District Essential Trails book just arrived in the post: looks very good. Coupled with 2 or 3 days guiding I think I’ll easily fill a week with big mountain rides.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Lake District trails guide book?’ is closed to new replies.