Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Lake District Spa breaks, recommendations?
  • nickhit3
    Free Member

Looking to treat my mrs and myself to a birthday weekend in the lakes (live in Lancaster) and involve an overnight stay with some spa treatments in the next couple of weeks. Any tips on finding a good deal? Wife was gifted a MacDonald hotel day treatment voucher a few years ago which was great but looking for the over night experience. Any recommendations in the NW that don’t require remortgaging the house?

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

Not quite in The Lakes, but The Coniston Spa / Hotel is superb food, accomm and spa. Just google images

bikebouy
    Free Member

Slaley Hall Nr Hexham, it’s a Golf resort but in a lovely area and great for exploring the hills.
    I stayed last year, nice place.

poolman
    Free Member

Lakeside hotel newby bridge, i went for a family celebration. Very nice lakeside room, spa,restaurant and a breakfast menu you can order a few dishes. The lakes is massively overpriced for what it is.

RustySpanner

Mrs S just had a day in this place for her sister’s 60th.
    Woodlands.
    Very impressed.

This hotel Rosehill House just down the road and is a cracking place to stay.
    Very good food.
    Very nice people.
    Quirky, bit different.

monkeysfeet
    Free Member

Embleton Spa Hotel just outside Cockermouth is very nice and dog friendly too.

paulevans
    Free Member

Another vote for The Armathwaite Hotel ans Spa. My misses supplies the spa with their massage oils and advise on the treatments. Another option would be the Gilpin, Windermere.. Mrs me was instrumental in setting up their Lake House spa and treatment rooms.

Neither option is cheap but your other half will forgive your next bike purchase.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Lake District Spa breaks, recommendations?’ is closed to new replies.