Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Lake District OS Map, Grizedale. OL7?
  • rj2dj
    Free Member

So, last year we went to Grizedale and did TNF trail and enjoyed it. Actually, we did most of the trail then got a bit lost and ended up on a walking trail/river bed. This turned out to be a Good Thing as the other half decided she actually liked the natural terrain better than trail centre smoothness.

This year then, I’ve read around the routes available in the area and have identified a couple we’d like to try and I think I can work them into a route. It would include the Parkamoor descent as the most westerly point on the loop.

In the spirit of being vaguely sensible and not getting lost this year, I thought an OS Map might be sensible. What I can’t establish is whether the OL7 will cover all of the area to the East of Conniston we would want to ride. This link here is not clear enough:
    http://www.shop.ordnancesurveyleisure.co.uk/products/paper-maps/paper-maps-ordnance-survey-great-britain/paper-maps-ordnance-survey-great-britain-os-explorer-map/the-english-lake-district-se-area/pid-9780319240243

Does anyone have an OL7 map and confirm that it would be enough?

scruff
    Free Member

I think it cuts off west of Coniston so misses the decent to High Nibthwaite which you should include in your loop.

ridethelakes
    Free Member

Email me and I’ll send you a map of the best bits: stu at ridethelakes .co.uk

rj2dj
    Free Member

Thanks ridethelakes – I’ve sent you a copy of my rough planned route, but your input on what I might be missing out on would be great, thank you.

Scruff – I’d heard good things about that descent elsewhere too, perhaps I need to re-think my plan to head east at the bottom!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Lake District OS Map, Grizedale. OL7?’ is closed to new replies.