Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Lake District or north Wales for 3 days (27-29May)
  • burgatedicky

I’m trying to think of a way to spend three days after I finish a course in Liverpool at the end of May.
    I will have the Friday to myself, but the OH will be joining me on Fri evening/Sat morning and she is not into MTB. We both ride road bikes however.

Looking for a pub BnB to stay at which wont cost me a mortgage and a few ideas of a MUST DO off-road route for the Friday. Looking for about a 25mile distance (give or take) and a pub for a pint.
    I’ve had a look at the PedalNorth website but am aware that some routes look great on paper while being a bit of a slog in real life.

Then for the Sat/Sun any tips about MUST DO road rides or walks would be great.
    I’ve been to the lakes a few times, but only for weekends so there is a lot I haven’t seen/done. I have never been to north Wales except to climb Snowdon with the uni walking club.

Any suggestions,

Thanks all!

Ecky-Thump
    Free Member

End of May, as in Bank Holiday weekend… Lakes will me heaving with redsocks, so go for somewhere off the beaten track.
    Having said that, 4 passes (tour of Gable) shouldn’t be too busy on a Friday, I’d suggest that for your MTB day.

burgatedicky

Had just considered the BH weekend…
    Will prob chuck the tent in the car and camp instead TBH as the cost of accommodation will be crazy! Have to hope for nice weather….

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Lake District or north Wales for 3 days (27-29May)’ is closed to new replies.