Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • lake district ( High street decent)
  • elaineanne
    Free Member

sooo ive walked quite a few of these mountain ranges in the gorgeous lakes but 'High street' actually theres a small pic in this months singletrack mag has got me intrigued… its a long decent supposed to be… so where is the best place to start… im thinking Patterdale area …. anyone rode High street…care to enlighten me…

boxelder

Start near Brotherswater, ride up track to Hayeswater, push up grass onto Thornthwaite Beacon, then double back northish and follow bridleway towards Pooley Bridge. Back along rocky BW on eastern lake shore, but other options too.
    Don't expect a long easy descent though, especially at the moment.

crazy-legs

It is mostly downhill but it'll be really boggy at the moment and probably quite a slog. It's one of those "must do" rides but I'd only do it in the height of summer of when it's frozen solid.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    elaineanne
    Free Member

yeah i was thinking around may/june time actually..thanks for info..

crouch_potato
    Free Member

As above- usually pretty boggy unless frozen or after a very long dry spell. Even then, the 'classic' descent is pretty gentle and quite grassy/draggy/pedally for much of it- never quite understood why everyone raves about it. Worth working into some of the other possible routes round there though if you've never been.

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

jumping_flea
    Free Member

All as the comments above
    For me the Ullswater shore path (bridleway) was better technical riding – both ups and downs. Some of the rock steps were fun

Just pick a weekday so you don't encounter loads of walkers – Although when I went every walker I say said a friendly "hello"

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘lake district ( High street decent)’ is closed to new replies.