Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Lake District, family, one night – help!
  • theteaboy
    Free Member

We’ve got a baby and a toddler and we (I) want to go to the Lakes to visit one of the shows (do the fell race).

Self catering only seem to do longer stays, we don’t want to be stuck in a hotel room from bathtime onwards and we don’t want to all be in the same room (unless its a tent!)

Anyone got any tips for options? Maybe family b&bs, farms, log cabins, teepees?

Not really fussed on location – anywhere from Kendal to Keswick, preferably not west of the Park boundary as it’s a nightmare to get to.

BigJohn

Youth Hostel? They’re not what they used to be. I’ve had a few great trips in the last 2 or 3 years.

theteaboy
    Free Member

That’s a good option – thanks.

Are the family rooms small dorms? If so it’d be a great backup but we’d prefer a bit more space for sleeping if possible.

falkirk-mark

Probably if you phone Cumbrian cottages nearer the time they would be able to get you summit, but I would doubt they would want to rent you one that they could potentially get a week or a weekend rent out of.

instanthit
    Free Member

I have used Kendal YHA twice, very impressed. They have family en suite rooms.(I think). Great breakfast, all you can eat.

parkedtiger
    Free Member

A friend who works at the local (Keswick) Youth Hostel was telling me the YH Association are specifically targeting young families this coming year – might be worth a call.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Lake District, family, one night – help!’ is closed to new replies.