Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Lairig Ghru
  • lewismorgan
    Free Member

So we are planning The Lairig Ghru right down to Braierach then back up to aviemore (probably road way if going to make it back in a day!) for one beast of a ride. We are hiring a chalet in Carrbridge so if anyone wants to join us yur welcome to ride it with us then head back for a barbie and a beer in the hot tub 🙂

bajsyckel

I’m not sure I understand you, but if I do, you might want to check your maps. It’s UP to Braeriach (or the turn off to) and back DOWN to Aviemore. PS – I assume this is a summer plan? Forecast is not for BBQ weather any time soon. One tip on your route as I understand it – I wouldn’t plan on the Ski Road- Sugar Bowl- Chalamain gap being the easiest way out. On a bike it’s far faster and more fun through the forest, out and back the same way (with some variations optional in the trees). Anyway. Have fun!

HeatherBash
    Free Member

Guessing that’s down being South and up being North.

Description makes broad sense if coming through the LG from Picadilly or across to it from either Rothiemurchus Lodge or the Chalamain Gap. But last two can often be snow filled until after Easter so check conditions locally if you plan to go anytime soon.

None of these are beasts btw < 1/2 day for a fit rider.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Lairig Ghru’ is closed to new replies.