Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Laggen and nevis range this weekend +
  • redafro
    Free Member

Hey folks..

I’m heading over to laggen and the nevis range this weekend to check out the trails i’ve been hearing so much about.
    Will be in Laggen fri and sat then plan on doing nevis range on Sun and Mon..

I’ve never been to either before but if some folks want to join me for a wee epic adventure that woul be good..

If anyone can give some tips about some natural trails in the area that would also be fantastic tooo…

Laters…Redafro

CaptainMainwaring
    Free Member

Laggan will keep you busy for a day max. There are more natural trails in the area than you can shake a pump at. Carn Ban Mor is a classic 3-4 hour loop depending on how much dithering you do, or pop in to Bothy Bikes in Aviemore to discuss.

[pedant mode] It’s Laggan not Laggen [pedant mode off]

redafro
    Free Member

Cheers for that.. i’ve been having a good read on STF on some of the trails around Avimore. Sould like i’ll be spending most of my time there!!

may the sun be shinning!!

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Have to agree with the Captain. We’ve got a similar weekend planned for september, Carn ban mor on the saturday morning, Laggan in the afternoon. Camping at Fort William on sat night, then sunday on the DH runs.

Lurvly.

bruneep

Just don’t look for laggen and avimore on the sat nav

finmac
    Free Member

I’m heading to Laggan tomorrow myself for a day…..would be at Nevis Range at the weekend if I wasn’t working. Pop into Nevis Cycles in Fort William, if you can. Expert and friendly advice to be had there, they’ll tell you all you need to know about the local trails, natural and otherwise. One or two of the guys in there are local trail builders and all keen mountain bikers…….you might even bump into Joe Barnes. One thing I would say about the orange DH, don’t be too gung ho on the first few runs, it looks easier from the Gondola on the trip up than it really is…….stop before each difficult section and have a reccy on foot and suss out some possible lines. Try the Nevis Red XC (mostly technical DH and boards tbh and really should be black) first a few times. Sure you’ll have a cool few days wherever you go, hope u get the weather, its pretty hit or miss up here lol.
    Cheers

PS. At Nevis Range, theres a lovely descent from the top of the “World Champs XC” trail, take the black option right to the top, really nice flow and quite tricky in places……well worth the tough climb. Theres some nice little sections on the mountain side of the “10 under the ben” trail too.

mafiafish
    Free Member

Don’t to Carn Ban Mor if it’s pretty windy, it gets EXTREMELEY windy once you get 2/3rds up. We had some nasty crashes happen on our last visit due to 80mph gustage.

lewismorgan
    Free Member

Your more than welcome to follow us up Carn Ban Mor on sunday -_-
    Having a digg at the monster ride of down the Lairig an Laoigh, along the geldie and back up feshie, wish me luck!

devs
    Free Member

May just see you on CBM on Sunday Lewismorgan. There will be a few of us from MMBC gurning up it!

redafro
    Free Member

Well it sounds like its going to be a busy day on CBM on sunday.. weather is looking good at the moment too.. yipeee!

Lewis, what day you looking at doing the ‘monster ride’ i was following the details another thred, sounds tough but gooden?

4 days just isn’t going to be enough!

lewismorgan
    Free Member

Lairig for us is on the 23rd, could change that if your about and fancy it though.
    It does seem huge and im unsure how bikable it is, but what beats going deep into the mountains.
    I forget to mention, tehre’s a Hot Tub and a Sauna at the lodge so your welcome to bring something to relax in after!

CBM should be good on the Sunday I’m all excited now!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Laggen and nevis range this weekend +’ is closed to new replies.