Viewing 9 posts - 41 through 49 (of 49 total)
  • Laggan Wolftrax
  • mactheknife

Twodogs – Member
    I get the feeling that the pottery place wouldn’t be too happy with muddy biking gear being worn in there….whereas on site cafes generally don’t mind.

She was quite insistent about us signing the visitors book which seemed odd at the time

Haha, thats exactly what she was like when a couple of us popped in a few months back, very loud and vocal about us being mountain bikers and the planned centre at Laggan. Put us off going back to be honest

thegreatape
    Free Member

Was busy today! Wolftrax, no idea about the pottery.

What trails did you do?

peabrain
    Free Member

Just the green and the orange – I was there with kids 🙂

thegreatape
    Free Member

Good excuse 😉

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Think we might head up there next Sunday, was planning a decent ‘natural’ ride, but if the weather doesn’t allow, Laggan, then comrie on the way home. If anyone hasn’t tried comrie croft trails, go and do it, I was really, really surprised at the quality of tracks there.

Auchterarder or bridge of Allan for fish and chips afterward. :mrgreen:

ultimateweevil
    Free Member

Where are the Comrie trails near too, sorry for my ignorance 🙂

DickBarton

not surprised she’s not too impressed at having state funded competition just down the road

If it’s the Forestry that is doing ANYTHING with the new centre, then the prices aren’t going to be state-funded – they’ll make sure they are getting all their money back in double-quick time and then some.

I’ve never been to the Pottery for food, but I have stayed there – the woman owner is stark raving mad – but brilliant with it! Answers the door to me in leopard print wellies and a dressing gown, as she was walking to the bunk house told me she had a matching bikini if I’d like to see it…then proceeded to empty a hole tub of ‘chlorine’* into the hot tub (instructions said 1 scoop but she decided the folk in before me didn’t look clean – so horsed the full tub in!).

I’d happily stay in the bunk house again as it was very good.

* ‘chlorine’ as I’ve no idea what it was but it smelled like chlorine and made our eyes sting (and make a couple of us very itchy and 2 days later one of us removed a layer of skin from waist down – not me!).

Competition is good and more choice at Laggan would be good, hopefully this will encourage more people to visit and spend time in the local area – I love the place, but I’m rarely there due to the 2 hour trip to get there…need to get back up again soon though!

rene59
    Free Member

ultimateweevil – Member

Where are the Comrie trails near too, sorry for my ignorance

http://www.comriecroft.com/about-us/getting-here.html

ultimateweevil
    Free Member

Ah even further away than Laggan is for me

Viewing 9 posts - 41 through 49 (of 49 total)

The topic ‘Laggan Wolftrax’ is closed to new replies.