• This topic has 11 replies, 10 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by Ewan.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Laggan Wolftrax
  • 888trojan888
    Free Member

Im passing by tomorrow and having a cheeky blast on way to the isle of lewis.

Whats it like has anyone been?

Cheers

Liftman

It’s good, the black route is exceptional.

chrisdb
    Free Member

Very good but quite short. Upper red isn’t that great better doing the black. It’s quite technical i.e. a proper black though so have a look at it before you fire on down. Lower red is great fun.

Nice stacked loop system so easy to do bits again for not much climbing.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    TheFlyingOx

As above. Excellent trails, short loops and no horrendous climbing. Watch for the boulders along the side of the upper red though. Stupid, stupid things that will claim a life one day.

chrisdb
    Free Member

Make sure you do the slab. It’s a rush.

grum
    Free Member

It’s ace. I liked the upper red personally but it was all good.

ftr1873
    Free Member

Well worth a visit even if it was a detour but as you’re passing it would be rude not to, there is something for everyone there. Enjoy 😀

Northwind

Very good. Short so you can do laps but there’s more to do in that short lap than there is in some trails twice as long.

ChrisL

If you haven’t done a lot of rocky riding recently it is worth doing the lower red before diving into the black, to get yourself into the right frame of mind. The black is a sequence of rocky features with short bits of trail linking them and it doesn’t let up much because of that. In my experience if you’re not in the right frame of minds for rocks it can get a bit overwhelming. There does seem to be a knack though – there’s generally straight lines through each feature and once you spot them it’s mostly a case of keeping your weight back a bit and holding your nerve.

Lower red and the black are both better than the upper red, which is a bit more like something you’ll see at other trail centres.

coogan
    Free Member

The black is ace. I’ve only been there a few times, but from my experience just do the black and don’t stop. Once you get in the flow I found the odd stop made me start thinking too much instead of just blatting through it all. A great wee route.

colournoise

Haven’t tried the black yet (lack of bounce and bottle holding me back) but the upper red is fun in a trail-centrey fast blast kind of way, the lower red is IMHO a better mix of surfaces and features, and the orange/blue is a short flat out rollercoaster giggle. Even the green has a nice swoopy downhill section in the 2nd half that is cool to ride if you hit it fast.

slainte 😀 rob

Ewan
    Free Member

It’s really good, but not as hard as people make out – I had visions of it being Canada level black, but it’s not at all. It is certainly harder than say the glentress black tho, but no compulsary drops or anything.

As others have pointed out, generally the line is pretty obvious, it’s just a matter to commitment and hitting it with a bit of speed.

PS. If you jump into the slab, you’ll soil yourself, but it’s good fun!

IMG_6446.jpg by Ewan Panter, on Flickr

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Laggan Wolftrax’ is closed to new replies.