Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Laggan.. The off piste stuff
  • thedobbster
    Free Member

Heading upto fort William today, plan to ride cic hut descent Saturday and looking at weather east to Laggan on Sunday. Dome Laggan a few times and love it, however I’d love to find the enduro trails. Does anyone have any tips on how to seek them out?!
    Cheers

andykentos
    Free Member

The “Brown” trail is on the other side of the hill. Cross over the road and head up the forestry track (its not directly opposite the entrance to wolftrax, a bit towards the A9 direction) and follow the forestry road. After about 1km there is a hairpin to the right and then it heads reasonably steeply up. Follow this, as you head back into the trees the track stops and there is a singletrack off to the left that goes up very steep, more of a push. Follow this and you can see one trail go off to the right or you can carry on and there is another one.

We did this just by having a look and strava and exploring, its all pretty obvious once you are up there!

Also i was there about 10 days ago, the lower red is closed, but we rode it from the start to Ayres Rock and then rejoined the forestry track climb there just to break the climb up slightly.

thedobbster
    Free Member

Thanks for that, looking forward to a good eexplore 🙂

prototype
    Free Member

Went up last summer with just a vague idea from looking at similar strava info as the links above.

Agree with andykentos that “its all pretty obvious once you are up there”.

On the way down the trails I found that there were loads of options – not like the trail centre stuff where there is a very clearly defined line to follow. No danger of getting ‘lost’ however – just keep going down and you’ll end up at the fire road eventually.

Enjoy!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Laggan.. The off piste stuff’ is closed to new replies.