Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Laggan Demo Day
  • kennyp
    Free Member

There’s been mention of this on the Laggan website for months now, but no details, and it’s in less than a fortnight’s time. I’ve e-mailed them to ask about what bikes will be there, but they haven’t bothered replying.

Anyone know anything?

I’d like to go up, but they aren’t doing themselves any favours. Unless of course I’m missing something somewhere.

LaBear
    Free Member

Hey There

There will be something up soon about the demo but here’s the info..

Its on the 25th/26th April and will be on 10 – 4

The brands attending are as follows:

Cove, Rocky Mountain, Turner, Kona, Felt, Intense, Merida, Orange, Santa Cruz, Bionicon, Cube, Giant

So turn up and have a go

doug_basqueMTB.com

Lindsay and Gail that run the bike centre do a fantastic job organising the demo day, it’s one of the ‘musts’ on the MTB diary for me.
    There’s normally has a huge selection of bikes, not just the bikes that Lindsay stocks. Also, there’s a bar-b-q and the normal excellent food in the cafe.

They’re normally pretty good at getting back to e-mails so maybe they’re having problems with their mail or something. Are you using the right e-mail address? It’s info@basecampmtb.com. Of course they might just be super busy organising the day, try giving them a call.

yetidave
    Free Member

I got a mail back quick today when I asked as I hope to be in the area. Even suggested that there would be stuff big enough for me at 6ft5! Just turn up with credit card and photo ID and enjoy.

Think I e-mailed info@highlandbikes.com rather than basecamp.

kennyp
    Free Member

Cheers for that. I wasn’t trying to have a go at anyone. I’m always keen to support local events and shops, plus I’m in the market for a new bike. It’s just frustrating when the website never changes.

druidh
    Free Member

Long way to go if you’re not guaranteed a shot on the bike you’re interested in.

kennyp
    Free Member

True, but the then again it’s also good to try different stuff that you might not have considered.

At the moment my wallet says Trek Fuel Ex 8, but my heart says Cotic Hemlock. I’ve presented the case for the Hemlock to MrsKenny as being “large American corporation” versus “slightly more expensive small, friendly British company” and she in fact agrees with going down the Cotic route. I may of course have hinted at the price difference being only around a hundred quid or so of course!

druidh
    Free Member

You’re a very bad man!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Laggan Demo Day’ is closed to new replies.