Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • lager a year out of date; death / dicky tummy risk??
  • robob
    Free Member

well, as above really. just unearthed a crate of lager a yr out of date… if i drink it will i suffer any undue consequences?

(apart from the obvious!)

DrRSwank
    Free Member

You'll get a hangover last Christmas?

bassspine
    Free Member

shades of Terry Pratchett!
    !sreehc

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    5lab

I found some tinnies in my drawer at work (!) that were a year gone. Had them anyway, they were fairly nasty – very hoppy flavour.

felt fine, other than the taste.

MussEd
    Free Member

After Peaty won his rainbow stripes in September, I sparked open a can of lager he'd signed for me in 2006. I was fine afterwards.

organic355
    Free Member

depends if the are "best before" or "use by"?

uplink
    Free Member

It's sealed in a bottle/can isn't it?

it'll be perfectly fine
    A lot of lagers were made exactly the same long before they had sell by dates, I don't think they ever hurt anyone I know – not from being a year or so old anyway

Northwind

2 christmases ago we found a load of ancient stella up the back of a cupboard and drank it, then got in a fight, had a kebab then threw up, and spent the whole next day lying in bed whimpering. So I assume it was fine.

rOcKeTdOg

i've never had beer long enough for it to go out of date 😯

hora
    Free Member

i've never had beer long enough for it to go out of date

+1

No idea here but if it was me I'd assume its fermentated further so potentially stronger. In anyway your liver is going to have to deal with it. On that note- not a chance.

Bin in and stop being a tight wad!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘lager a year out of date; death / dicky tummy risk??’ is closed to new replies.