Viewing 3 posts - 121 through 123 (of 123 total)
  • Ladybower this weekend
  • votchy
    Free Member

All, we had a great day in the peaks today. Very different from the normal bridleways of worcestershire. My legs are a bit tight, the rocky descents are brilliant, cleared all bar one of them when I misjudged how big the drop was and stopped (hangs head in shame). Saw plenty of other riders, everyone nice and friendly, never had my papers checked so phew, never destroyed anywhere, no skids, no avoiding puddles just big grins and one pinch flat between 5 of us so fairly successful. Thanks for all the suggestions with routes etc, we did the fore-shortened long route so ended up just over 25 miles. Definitely be back there soon, only 2hrs from home so easily do-able in a day.

dannyh
    Free Member

Depending on which route you rode, I’ll bet the drop in question was either on Blackley Hey or ‘The Beast’. If it was Blackley Hey, don’t worry, that bugger changes every time I go down there! It used to be a relatively clean step down, but the step broke and fell forwards.

Glad you had a good day.

stilltortoise
    Free Member

We had a successful evening improving the drainage on the bridleway that runs south to Whinstone Lee Tor last night. Even better the rain stayed away and the sun came out!

Thanks to those who volunteered.

More trail maintenance this Thursday afternoon if anyone is interested in volunteering. More details on the website http://www.peakdistrictmtb.org

Viewing 3 posts - 121 through 123 (of 123 total)

The topic ‘Ladybower this weekend’ is closed to new replies.