Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Ladybower inn to Sheffield train station, offroad?
  • ton

or as off road as possible.
    anyone got a route please.

vertebratetom

Direct or round the houses?

Towards Bamford – steep road climb under Bamford Edge – Stanage Causeway – Plantation – road to Burbage and Houndkirk – Blacka – Abbeydale Woods – road to the station

Or you could head the ‘wrong’ way at the start and go pretty much anywhere – Whinstonlee Tor, Hagg Farm, over towards Hope Cross etc before heading back.

Alternatively, you could start as above, then drop to Redmires and come in via Rivelin. Lots of techy singeltrack that way, but more road once you’re in Sheffield.

There are lots of cheeky alternatives too…

thepodge
    Free Member

Tom knows his stuff, however I’d stay round ladybower then train into Sheffield as there is much more variety & less road work

vertebratetom

Good call. Get a nice ride in from the Ladybower Inn into the Hope Valley and then grab the train from Edale/Hope/Bamford.

If you are going to ride in to Sheffield via Blacka, hopping on the train at Dore would save a few miles of playing dodgems with the traffic.

ton

getting train to penistone, then riding to and over cutgate, round to the inn then back to sheffield train station.
    if anyone wants to guide me from the pub to the station a beer or 2 can be made as payment……… 😀

thepodge
    Free Member

When you doing this?

I’m sat a mile from the pub but don’t have my bike

antigee

but more road once you’re in Sheffield.

a good challenge but can’t think of a route that doesn’t include 5 miles or so of road – would like to be proved wrong

suggestions of train from bamford hathersage grindleford or dore are good and possibly the best option but could involve hanging around

doctorgnashoidz
    Free Member

No escaping a bit of road really as although the proximity is close, the legal rights of way are totally disjointed and a complete source of frustration for not just me I imagine. High neb , stanage edge would make a fantastic gateway into out of the peaks and be safer than the A57.

That first option you can climb up out of Ecclesall woods, behind Bikdale school sports field and drop into porter valley or drop into porter valley from stanage pole. Stanage Pole would be quickest which is my normal route home. Rivelin has some great cheeky but porter valley takes you closest to the station ending in endcliffe park.

antigee

just seen later post i’d return over cutgate to penistone

Tracey

Was up on Cutgate two Sundays ago and it was in a bit off a mess

tracknicko
    Free Member

cut over strines and the other resis to get back to penistown.

LOADS of tracks out that way. pick up a map and go mad. nice to get off the well trodden routes…

rob-jackson
    Free Member

is this on saturday?

shifter
    Free Member

Done it the other way a few times. There’s plenty of road involved.
    Go south towards Bamford, turn left, go up/over Stanage, round the top of Redmires, bit of wiggly road then pick up Clough Lane to take you into Sheffield centre ish. Buy a map 🙂

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Ladybower inn to Sheffield train station, offroad?’ is closed to new replies.