• This topic has 14 replies, 10 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by GHill.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Ladybower / Haggs Farm Rave
  • rhbrhb
    Free Member

Anyone out riding last night and join in? I met a few partied out people at ~ 6am up towardd Hope Cross, was quite sureal hearing tunes all night whilst bivvying, wasn’t gonna join them tho.. Wonder what time it all stopped?

On a side note the gas cannisters some get high on look just like co2 for puncture repair, the litter could wrongly be blamed on cyclists by others?

dannybgoode

I know a lot of the people who organise these things. Happen all over the Peaks and are generally very friendly folk.

Would imagine it finished some time around 11ish this morning and trust me the place will have been spotless by the time they left.

Always clear up and then you have less issues going back in the future.

rhbrhb
    Free Member

Cool good to hear, ta.

Tracey

There were quite a few of them walking over the Ladybower bridge late this afternoon. All seemed pleasant enough

dannybgoode

General mix of hippies, students and those that have been in the Sheffield club scene for far too many years :D.

Occasionally they get infiltrated by gangs, particularly when the venue is nearer to town, and things kick off but the regular crowd are sound as.

slowoldman

Blimey. Are there still hippies?

hora
    Free Member

Im there tomorrow am. Will have a look

iamsporticus
    Free Member

I drove from the in laws in Matlock to Preston at 6am today

The A57 around Hagg Farm had dozens of stoned wasters wandering around the middle of the road but more annoyingly scores of taxis pulling random u turns taking their fares back to Sheffield

Whilst stuck stationary I could see the trashed field they were using
    Let’s hope it was cleared up, but I’m an old git so no harm done huh?

rhbrhb
    Free Member

Yeah didn’t mean to infer they were wrong’uns, had a couple of nice chats with people who were wandering about in the morning as I passed.

adjustablewench
    Free Member

Was going under the name of peace in the dark as an unofficial afterparty after peace in the park. My son went, he survived and seemed to enjoy himself

adjustablewench
    Free Member

Slightly amusing update – I saw one of the girls who went to this with my son today . . . .

I have never seen so many swollen midge bites on one human being – luckily my son is like me and doesnt react (or taste very nice) so he’s ok. Apparently they were eaten alive – and not one of them took a midge net

scaled
    Free Member

Tbh when you’ve taken that much ketamine midge bites don’t bother you.

Until the morning.

kingsfool
    Free Member

It was a disaster zone. I have spent several weeks in those fields planting the trees etc….only to dscover that all the stakes proping them up had been used for firewood. The wild flower meadow it was aiming to be has been trampled to death. The gate and lock has had to be replaced because the organisers broke into the area. The piles of human excrement and bog role left behind is astronomical and has turned the field into a stinking fly ridden quagmire. Granted that will decay. I have frequented the raves in the past and enjoyed them. Shame so much hard work has been buggered this time. And damaging property isnt going to help future events. Whoever chose and i stivated this location needs reporting….or shooting.

rhbrhb
    Free Member

^ sorry to read that, hope that the damage can be undone over time.

I can confirm that there were no raves near Fieldhead camping Edale last night.

GHill

There was what looked like the remnants of a Mid Summer rave at Fox Hagg nature reserve (Sheffield) this morning. They must have had some good stuff as I’ve never seen someone move out of the way of a bike quite so fast.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Ladybower / Haggs Farm Rave’ is closed to new replies.