• This topic has 170 replies, 45 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by mboy.
Viewing 11 posts - 161 through 171 (of 171 total)
  • Lady Gaga and BBC sexism
  • billysugger
    Free Member

She can have all the money in the world I still wouldn’t

billysugger
    Free Member

What’s a total halfwit, am I therefore a fullwit?

Yep…That bored.

CountZero

To those saying Lady GaGa’s ugly, well I don’t fancy yours much:

Meanwhile I’d be perfectly to show up on a blind date and meet this lass:

mboy
    Free Member

Why is it so in vogue to despise Lady Gaga, I don’t understand it! OK, she’s as madder than Mad Jack McMad, the winner of this year’s Madman competition, but so what? Since when have most pop stars in the limelight not been so? OK, perhaps she pushes it a little bit, but she’s only like a female version of Elton John in terms of her style (and look where that got him!).

The biggest crime as far as Gaga is concerned is that she wastes all her talent writing and performing relatively mundane music, or has done the last year or so anyway. She’s got an incredible voice, it may not be to everyone’s taste, but trust me there aren’t many that can sing like her, just for some reason half the time she also chooses to sound bad/half cut/wasted as if to prove a point, but when she wants to pull it out the bag (Radio 1 live lounge for instance) she can sound incredible.

A Marketing exercise? Probably, but then on the flipside she writes all her own material, and performs it all herself, not just stands there with a microphone and sings when told to. And since when has the pop music industry been a successful ground for the shrinking violet? Gaga probably couldn’t care if you love her, or hate her, at the end of the day she’s controversial and that’s what causes success in Pop Music. Now if she’d just stop writing crap music aimed at teenage girls again, and write something a bit more edgy, then maybe she will end up as the Madonna for this generation… Perhaps!

mboy
    Free Member

She can have all the money in the world I still wouldn’t

Is it just me (and elf by the looks of things) that looks past the mad exterior? Maybe it’s cos I’m a bit of a music geek, but she does it for me in a weird way… Meat dresses aside though!

billysugger
    Free Member

I’d have the meat dress…..and that babe in CountZero’s post above…hubbahubba

yunki
    Free Member

mboy +1

her chosen method of expression could very easily cause me to weep mournfully at the wasted talent and passion if I was so inclined..

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Mad Jack McMad, the winner of this year’s Madman competition

Copyright Blackadder (series 2 I think) 😀

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

then maybe she will end up as the Madonna for this generation…

She has time on her side – Madonna very much grew into her music and developed it to reflect her audience over the years. Another very clever woman.

Ask a 35+ yr old what they thought of Madonna back in 1982 and they would have been saying the same about her as some of the people on here are saying about Radio Gaga.

mboy
    Free Member

mboy +1

her chosen method of expression could very easily cause me to weep mournfully at the wasted talent and passion if I was so inclined..

Haha, my thoughts entirely… The good news is she’ll grow up one day, then we’ll see what’s to come!

Copyright Blackadder (series 2 I think)

Series 3, get it right! 😉

Viewing 11 posts - 161 through 171 (of 171 total)

The topic ‘Lady Gaga and BBC sexism’ is closed to new replies.