Viewing 34 posts - 1 through 34 (of 34 total)
  • Lady Ga Ga
  • menothim
    Free Member

I’m definitely warming to her. I fear I’m probably old enough to be her father – well, assuming I had started at Chav age.

Should I be worried? Is it wrong?

xherbivorex
    Free Member

saw her on j ross.
    not only is her music terrible, but she is a proper nutter too. and full of crap.
    and to me, that all cancels out any possibility of her being attractive in any way.

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

she does have a rather interesting habit of wearing very little clothing

which is nice

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Phwoar
    Free Member

Amen to what xherbivorex said. Her personality spoils whatever attractiveness she might otherwise had.

Don’t like her music much either.

Did you see her on Jonathan Ross? Her wig was falling off 😯

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

having never heard her talk or knowingly heard her music I will stick to aesthetics 🙂

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Sorry? Was Lady Ga Ga on Wossy?

I thought it was Annie Lennox or Hazel O’Connor.

😉

menothim
    Free Member

Didn’t see her on @wossy so prepared to take those views on board.

Still think she might be fun to spend an evening with, so to speak…

enfht
    Free Member

Well I thought she came across as a **** on Wossy, she seemed confused at his jokes, was too self centered and as boring as ****. Everything about her has been recycled, nothing unique about her at all. You cant knock her abilities at self promotion though, it’s what got her this far I suppose.

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

I’ve found it’s often as well not to find out too much about musicians, as it’s often very disappointing. Seeing bios of Elkie Brooks, Tina Turner and John Martyn rather spoiled my enjoyment of their work 🙁

foxylaydee
    Free Member

Are you sure guys? Eeewww 😕

Hairychested
    Free Member

Fugly as ****!

Phwoar
    Free Member

sfb’s got the right idea. When dealing with arguably attractive female musicians, stick to pictures in the papers and sheepishly listening to their songs.

The moment you get into the drug-addled reality of it is the moment it starts going downhill 😐
    Strangely, I think the inverse is true with my rather hardier preferred genre of classic rock. The more drugs, the more interesting the music. :mrgreen:

foxylaydee
    Free Member

oompaloompa in drag anyone 🙂

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

Are you sure guys? Eeewww

as usual I think people should post a shot of themselves before casting aspersions on other’s appearance…

jojoA1
    Free Member

It was a nasty haircut rather than a wig though. A wig would have looked better I reckon. I’d prefer Pink to her anyday, she’d be more of a laugh. 🙂

stumpy01

I saw her on Woss and thought she came across as expected.

She didn’t get the jokes as she is American and hardly any American guests seem to get Jonathon Woss’ humour. I think she was also trying to be ‘cool’ by not larfing.
    As for the interview, she started by being very stand-offish but seemed to warm a bit as the interview went on.

She sang live at the end of the show, which was refreshing and she did a pretty good job, I thought. I also liked the metal outfit she had on and the quirky little screams.

Her looks are typical American skinny blonde, and that’s fine by me. She can certainly wiggle in her videos.

I agree with sfb about finding out about artists….don’t bother. Just listen to the music if you want…..watch the videos if you want. If you don’t want to then turn off/over.

Oh and imo her music is much better than all this Dizzee Rascal ‘Bonkers’ nonsense, along with Akon, TI, Flo Rida and all that other toot.

johnh65
    Free Member

You should judge musicians on their music. Not on their looks. Do you judge authors on their looks?

stumpy01

John65, is she a musician or a performer??

The way her stage shows/videos are performed, I think she is more of a performer than just a musician…….or she wouldn’t wear all that spangly gear, have complicated dance routines, fireworks, smoke etc. in her act.
    So, I think looks do come into it a bit.
    Also, the fact that she places so much emphasis on her image and her ‘unique’ style (whether it is or not) means that is open to discussion/criticism.

sharki
    Free Member

I choose not to judge people till i’ve met them, and would more likely choose to meet a real person than a fake media mongrol…putting on a front to gain fans, etc..

who is she though and will she be about in 2/3/4 yrs time?

nickc

How many of you have listened to the album The Fame? I’d say the two weakest songs are probably Just Dance and Poker Face (although admittedly, they are the most Radio friendly) rest of the Album is actually OK.

Personally I’m enjoying seeing a resurgence of talented singer song writing women take over from the slightly annoying recent trend of 4 skinny blokes with bad haircuts gazing at their feet with their jeans on back to front.

See, Little Boots, Florence and the machine, Peaches, La Roux, etc etc,

samuri
    Free Member

Oh and imo her music is much better than all this Dizzee Rascal ‘Bonkers’ nonsense, along with Akon, TI, Flo Rida and all that other toot.

i’m quite pleased that I have not got a clue what you are talking about. 😉

As for lady ga ga, yep, skinny wiggly sometimes sexy american girl who appears to be bonkers. Good for a laugh, lets leave it at that.

sofatester
    Free Member

Whatever anyone says i’d still poker face.

timdrayton
    Free Member

her album is on constantly round our gaff at the mo.

the people behind her seem to be really clever, the production on the album is genius.

The album is early madonnaesque pop, and it is the best example of a pop album i have heard for years.

evidently she is classically trained pianist who writes all her own songs…

I think she will do quite well as long as they can reinvent her every few years…

she does come across a bit cained/stupid in interviews tho, maybe this is put on? she sounded a bit cleverer on jo whiley.

BigDummy
    Free Member

the best example of a pop album i have heard for years

I am not an aficionado of pop particularly, but I have a copy of The Fame, and I agree that it is rather good. 🙂

stumpy01

Samuri…..until recently my daily commute was made (slightly) more bearable with Radio 1……and for some reason I would put up with the above ‘singers’ that you are confused by. To be honest, I wish I was in your shoes as it really is drivel.

Your summation of Gaga is pretty spot on…..as is Timdraytons……

sam42
    Free Member

boring over produced try-hard…..

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

i’m quite pleased that I have not got a clue what you are talking about. [;-)]

I like “Dizzee Rascal, Akon, TI, GaGa, Timberland, La Roux etc” and enjoy watching their videos despite being even more ancient than samuri :o)

johnh65
    Free Member

Ok then judge her on her performances.

Granted he’s not everyone’s cup of tea, and certainly not the most handsome chap around, but Mr Reginald Dwight sells a lot of records… but you don’t judge him on his looks, do you?

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

but you don’t judge him on his looks, do you?

no, coz ees mingin innit ?

johnh65
    Free Member

Xactly

Lady Ga Ga – her music’s alright but I think she’s trying a bit too hard to be the next Madonna or Gwen Stefani imagewise.

I think TI is one of the best hip-hop lyricists around at the moment.

enfht
    Free Member

Whatever anyone says i’d still poker face

haha

BoardinBob

She could smoke a cigarette in a shower with that nose

eth3er
    Free Member

I think TI is one of the best hip-hop lyricists around at the moment.

Subjectivity be damned, best lyricist?! really! how do you come to that conclusion?
    Mos def , Talib Kweli, El-P, The Roots, Jean Grae, Mr Lif, Q-Tip, Blackalicious, Dead Prez, Doom, J-Live,etc……the list is very long before you’d ever have cause to put TI on it. Black rappers yes he is definitely on that list, sells lots of records, dear gods yes, best lyricists, seriously? Also what TI does is not hip hop. Hip hop is not rap! What he does is just beats and rhymes (not very good ones at that) with nothing much to say about anything. His music is derivative, misappropriation……
    I’m off to listen to Britney Spears. 🙂

Viewing 34 posts - 1 through 34 (of 34 total)

The topic ‘Lady Ga Ga’ is closed to new replies.